Screenshot issues after latest update?

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm unable to take screenshots on my phone without the volume slider being in them. I've tried pushing POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME in various combinations and every time I manage to get a screenshot the volume slider is always there.

I'm starting to lose my mind. Did they change the way screenshots work again? Is there a way to disable the volume indicator?

EDIT: Apparently it's back to POWER + HOME now. Wish it had been a part of release notes or something. :mad:

Last edited:

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to get a snapshot of the screen? i have the update and it wont work. I used to hold down the Power and Home key but now it wont work.....

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I too used to have Jugg 5.0 from. It had integrated screenshot though. I'm using Jedi Mind Tricks on 4.0.3 at the moment. No screenshot. So I downloaded a Screenshot app off the market it's free and does the same thing!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Am running 4.0.4 and screenshot works when power and home get pressed at same time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

June Dayon

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
has been driving me crazy as well. so the last poster was right--it takes longer but it's still the power and home buttons. i used to be able to do screenshots reliably. now one of four (all legitimate and useful) things happen:

- screen locks
- power menu comes up
- task selector (or whatever that is--the one that lets you flip between apps that are running)
- screenshot

i can't figure out the rhyme or reason. i guess i'll just have to practice? it's aggravating. but not enough to make me go out and use another app for it (yet).:-\

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Amusing how Samsung fails to bring in reliable screenshot integration in Touchwiz (ICS was an exception), yet we have aftermarket AOSP ROMs that accomplish the job seamlessly. (There's usually an option for that in the power menu in most ROMs such as CyanogenMod, AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, and any other derivative ROMs out there. You may have to enable that within settings as that option is usually disabled by default.)

JoJo Reid

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
has been driving me crazy as well. so the last poster was right--it takes longer but it's still the power and home buttons. i used to be able to do screenshots reliably. now one of four (all legitimate and useful) things happen:

- screen locks
- power menu comes up
- task selector (or whatever that is--the one that lets you flip between apps that are running)
- screenshot

i can't figure out the rhyme or reason. i guess i'll just have to practice? it's aggravating. but not enough to make me go out and use another app for it (yet).:-\

This is same 4 me :(

elvirafransisca

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Ive figure out the problem. You just have to push the button of decreasing volume together with the power button at the same time. No need to push the home screen anymore. The notification will shown up after you hear "click" sound and then it will be saved automatically in your galery.