Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pinatiger
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Screenshot issues after latest update?

I'm unable to take screenshots on my phone without the volume slider being in them. I've tried pushing POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME in various combinations and every time I manage to get a screenshot the volume slider is always there.

I'm starting to lose my mind. Did they change the way screenshots work again? Is there a way to disable the volume indicator?

EDIT: Apparently it's back to POWER + HOME now. Wish it had been a part of release notes or something. >
    Last edited by pokingmon; 09-05-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Default Re: Screenshot issues after latest update?

I lost my mind too, hold power and home for screenshot

After flashing to a custom theme via Rom toolbox pro my screen shot is also not working in htc explorer.I use jaggy Rom

Anyone figure out how to get a snapshot of the screen? i have the update and it wont work. I used to hold down the Power and Home key but now it wont work.....

Same problem here. Power+Home doesn't do it any more...

Other than that little problem, I'm happy with the update so far!

Any one help pls.

I too used to have Jugg 5.0 from. It had integrated screenshot though. I'm using Jedi Mind Tricks on 4.0.3 at the moment. No screenshot. So I downloaded a Screenshot app off the market it's free and does the same thing!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Abhishantz likes this.

Am running 4.0.4 and screenshot works when power and home get pressed at same time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Just a bit of pocket fuzz!

Seems to be working for me now, you just have to hold down the buttons a little longer then usual lol

has been driving me crazy as well. so the last poster was right--it takes longer but it's still the power and home buttons. i used to be able to do screenshots reliably. now one of four (all legitimate and useful) things happen:

- screen locks
    - power menu comes up
    - task selector (or whatever that is--the one that lets you flip between apps that are running)
    - screenshot

i can't figure out the rhyme or reason. i guess i'll just have to practice? it's aggravating. but not enough to make me go out and use another app for it (yet).

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Amusing how Samsung fails to bring in reliable screenshot integration in Touchwiz (ICS was an exception), yet we have aftermarket AOSP ROMs that accomplish the job seamlessly. (There's usually an option for that in the power menu in most ROMs such as CyanogenMod, AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, and any other derivative ROMs out there. You may have to enable that within settings as that option is usually disabled by default.)
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX

Angry Re: Screenshot issues after latest update?

This is getting very frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by June Dayon View Post
    has been driving me crazy as well. so the last poster was right--it takes longer but it's still the power and home buttons. i used to be able to do screenshots reliably. now one of four (all legitimate and useful) things happen:

- screen locks
    - power menu comes up
    - task selector (or whatever that is--the one that lets you flip between apps that are running)
    - screenshot

i can't figure out the rhyme or reason. i guess i'll just have to practice? it's aggravating. but not enough to make me go out and use another app for it (yet).
    This is same 4 me

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo Reid View Post
    This is same 4 me
    Yeah, I've never like Samsung's method of attaining screenshots, especially since the T-Mobile Galaxy SII doesn't have a physical button for home.

Posted via Android Central App
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX

Ive figure out the problem. You just have to push the button of decreasing volume together with the power button at the same time. No need to push the home screen anymore. The notification will shown up after you hear "click" sound and then it will be saved automatically in your galery.