What ROM are you running?

Which ROM are you using?

• Total voters

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I was curious what ROM everyone was using? If you answer other in the poll, please leave a comment below about which one. If you tried one and had problems, please leave that comment as well. I need a ROM that works for a daily driver and I need the camera to work. Currently, I am running stock T-Mo/rooted/with bloat frozen or removed.

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I WAS running Jedi Mind Trick. But battery life was terrible and about 1 random reboot a day. Camera and everything worked fine. But I'm picky. So now I did what you did lol. Stock phone. Rooted. AND froze all the bloat. Greaaaaat battery life now!!! Still looking around for another rom though. I really miss Jugg 5.0 back when I was on 2.3.6 GB. Till another rom comes out I'll run a launcher and change themes to keep me happy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Darthstalker #3, everything is working great with good battery life. I loved AOKP and CM 9.1 but missed the samsung camera app. I've tried 6 or 7 roms and the only one that gave me issues was CM 10, it just isn't ready for primetime.

lethalgorman

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I am running the Experia v6 rom. Very stable and good battery life. Tried Jb roms, but like you said, not ready for prime time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I got rooted. Was easy enough. Will be trying some of these roms. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. So far so good. Definitely noticing a bit of better performance over all by having a bunch of the bloatware off the phone.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been waiting desperately for a good/fast rom to come out. My prayer was answered yesterday when I found the new Jedi Knight 4 ROM. It's an all blue theme to it. Which is pretty clean and it is extremely fast even when I am underclocking. It has a brother the Sith ROM. Which has an all red theme. Haven't flashed it yet but it does look fast as well. Everything works on the Jedi Knight ROM. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Jedi Mind Trick and it is fast, and smooth. I think the same guy oversees Jedi Knight as well as Jedi Mind Trick.

DarkStarrFOFF

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Cyanogenmod 10 with KKO Kernel. Runs great, its jelly bean cant complain when you have a theme that makes the ugly greys black and fixes the old "gingerbread" fallback some apps do. Much better than any touchwiz interface.

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm now running CM10 with 4.2 GAPPS. Everything is running smooth and fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
ParanoidAndroid 2.55.
Runs great and currently loving the hybrid mode the ROM has built-in. Problem is that some apps don't play well with the DPI you set for them, and some of the bugs from CM10 are present there.
Nonetheless, it's stable enough (IMO) as a daily driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech