Jelly bean

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know when our device will be getting jelly bean? I know it's official now but I was wondering if any insiders have any idea on the date and how far along it is.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you :)

This is for the TMobile version of the s2 or international? It didn't say.

Again thank you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I think both..... Because when we got the ics... Samsung said Galaxy S2 will get the ics update. Samsung didn't say that tmobile GS2 will get the update. But we did. I think Samsung said Galaxy S2 in general...! So I think this statement apply with the jelly bean update too. :) and you're welcome! :D Hope this helps.... :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Slow and lagging?? Did you updated your phone to latest ICS 4.0.4? Mine runs like a butter... I did had some force closes on 4.0.3 but it fixed the problem when I updated to 4.0.4.....

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I hope the update goes smoothly cause with ICS my phone was so slow and lagging.

Try a factory reset. This helped mine quite a bit. But I still get a bit of lag here and there. Plus radio signal is weak and GPS connects pretty slow. Not sure if this was after the ics update or not, but it seems to be pretty consistent. I get a terrible signal in my office which has a lot of concrete around it but other iPhone and HTC users in the office don't have as much of an issue. My phone won't even ring sometimes when I get a call and text messages are random and inconsistent. The signal is poor in my area for the most part but not as bad for other phones.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Btw I just rooted mine on the weekend. Not running any roms but just used titanium backup to freeze the bloatware and have noticed a significant difference in speed and smoothness. Apps load faster too.

Not sure if you are rooted or not.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I not rooted but i hate bloatwares! Why do they install them on your phone?

Well they try to add value to your experience which is fine if you are able to delete them. But they don't allow this which is really annoying as it slows down your phone and wastes space.

I would recommend trying it. It was easy.

Here is the instructions I followed http://galaxys2root.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s2-faq/

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Well they try to add value to your experience which is fine if you are able to delete them. But they don't allow this which is really annoying as it slows down your phone and wastes space.

I would recommend trying it. It was easy.

Here is the instructions I followed http://galaxys2root.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s2-faq/

I would love to root my phone to delete bloatwares....... BUT I don't want to void my warranty and I don't want to brick my phone.....

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I would love to root my phone to delete bloatwares....... BUT I don't want to void my warranty and I don't want to brick my phone.....

If you are on ics you may be able use the disable feature in your settings/applications.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Is march now and still no JB update... :'( any news or rumors?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I don't believe you have dealt with an update like this before. I have the AT&T variant of the S2 and don't expect to see the update until June. Samsung will always predict an earlier update date. I was told back in 2012 that the Skyrocket would get ICS in January, and ended up waiting till mid July. So my advice is to relax on the update, no matter what some crazy story says online I won't believe we are actually getting the update until somebody recieves a notification. It's just jellybean its not going to make or break your phone, enjoy your phone while you can. The more you worry the longer it will seem for the update to arrive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe you have dealt with an update like this before. I have the AT&T variant of the S2 and don't expect to see the update until June. Samsung will always predict an earlier update date. I was told back in 2012 that the Skyrocket would get ICS in January, and ended up waiting till mid July. So my advice is to relax on the update, no matter what some crazy story says online I won't believe we are actually getting the update until somebody recieves a notification. It's just jellybean its not going to make or break your phone, enjoy your phone while you can. The more you worry the longer it will seem for the update to arrive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Ah... Thanks for the good advice. I guess I will just sit and relax... :) Another quick question. Do you think we will get the "Premium Suite"? Cheers.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Updated mine!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365480873749.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365480873749.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365480887769.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365480887769.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365480898548.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365480898548.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 49

luigy323

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm very pist. I try installing the upgrade on my phone on Kies via usb. After it finish downloading 100 percent Kies shuts off.. I trouble shoot and reinstalled the driver's. No luck.. Please help!

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm very pist. I try installing the upgrade on my phone on Kies via usb. After it finish downloading 100 percent Kies shuts off.. I trouble shoot and reinstalled the driver's. No luck.. Please help!

Yeah. That's normal. After kies downloads the firmware. The kies automatically shuts off. And you have to little while to make the next message to pop up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital