1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD card corrupted

HAVE a PNY 16 GB card formatted origainally by the S II. have installed almost all my apps to the card as well as photos and vids and other files.

have lookout antivirus running.

3 Days ago when trying to take a video it would not work. going to gallery no photos would load.

nothing would work from the card!

searched web for answers. kept getting directed to Recuva. downloaded. paid 25.00 and Recuva only told me that could not read because of bad boot sector.

Recuva support then directed me to a FREE program: Testdisk which also includes Photorec. ran both and was able to recover my files. While files are now intact and saved to the pc. Their names have all been changed as well as their folder heirarchy.

some bad with the good I suppose.

any ideas why the card corrupted in the first place? I have reformatted the card and it seems ok. so am venturing into it again.

As an aside, a lot of the apps stored on the card had to be manually re installed from google play.

wish me luck!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Just a bit of pocket fuzz!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: SD card corrupted

Same card self destructed again! Will NOT use this brand again. Trapsing through yet another recovery of lost files and reloading apps that were stored on sd card. Oh joy!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    Just a bit of pocket fuzz!

Default Re: SD card corrupted

I was (and probably still am but haven't seen it in a few days) experiencing corrupt sd card issues and it going as far as either replicating images or posting blank images. It was really weird and I took screen shots of what the mystery images look like. Still not sure what to do about it other than reformatting the card. I think it is the card more so than anything as I have never seen that before on any prior phones. Interesting enough, when I purchased this phone the T-Mob rep told me not to store a lot of texts ON my phone. She had a a few customers tell her the phone started acting erratic but was not sure the exact problem. Early on I did have some issues and clear all areas of concern such as call log history, over 100 text, cache, cleared some app cache and a few other areas a phone T-Mob rep went through with me. Still, never cleared up the sd card problem. I think I'll get another card and go from there.
    Since 2009 - Android gadgets to date via T-Mo

Behold
    Black G1
    Purple Cliq XT
    White MyTouch 4G
    White Galaxy 2
    White BT5100 S Pen
    Titanium Tab 2 10.1
    White Note 2
    White Note Tab 10.1