Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nonstop notification noises after ICS 4.0.4 update?

I recently updated both mine and my father's Samsung Galaxy S IIs (T-Mobile) to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 via Kies. But ever since the update, my dad's phone's notifications wouldn't stop sounding off. This doesn't happen with mine; my phone retained all its old notification noises and it only makes one short notification noise for each notification. Whenever my dad gets a new voicemail, a new e-mail, or when his phone finishes charging, it starts making this annoying notification noise, and it doesn't stop sounding until you either view the notification, clear the notification from the notifications list, or click the notification.

What I really find weird is that it only happens to my dad's phone, and not mine. We have exactly identical phones, with the exception that he has unlimited data and I don't. I hope someone can shed some light on this matter, and if possible, tell me what to do to fix it :s