Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: GS2 battery life

I ran the update on my S2 on Monday and since then have had to charge my phone up to 3 times per day - you can watch the power draining out of it. How do I rectify this issue - I have turned on the battery power saving options for everything which has slowed it down a little bit. But the battery is only lasting about 4 or 5 hours. I can't see that I have any programs running in the background. I have turned off all GPS, Wifi, Data etc as well and this has only given me an extra half hour battery - any suggestions ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Mc View Post
    I ran the update on my S2 on Monday and since then have had to charge my phone up to 3 times per day - you can watch the power draining out of it. How do I rectify this issue - I have turned on the battery power saving options for everything which has slowed it down a little bit. But the battery is only lasting about 4 or 5 hours. I can't see that I have any programs running in the background. I have turned off all GPS, Wifi, Data etc as well and this has only given me an extra half hour battery - any suggestions ??
    You rooted? Brightness? Do you clear all your recent apps? And maybe try freezing/deleting stock apps you don't use. When you charge your phone once it gets to 100% unplug the charger. Take out the battery then put it back and in and boot up. You might get a different % (more accurate). Pm me for more help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Exactly the reason why I've moved to custom AOSP ROMs. They don't use as much battery because there's no OEM and carrier bloatware and better control over CPU voltage thanks to better tweaked kernel.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    O13

ROM
    Harmonia 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Mc View Post
    Try using an app called GSam Battery in the play store it will give you detailed info about what is using ur battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

I would do a hard reset. That cured many of my problems!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12