GS2 battery life

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I got a T-Mobile galaxy s2 recently but its still on gingerbread 2.3.6 I was wondering if I do the update does anyone have a battery drain issue??? I had a sprint galaxy s2 before an the battery life sucked from the update

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I got a T-Mobile galaxy s2 recently but its still on gingerbread 2.3.6 I was wondering if I do the update does anyone have a battery drain issue??? I had a sprint galaxy s2 before an the battery life sucked from the update

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

The battery was much better for me after the ics update. Go for it.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Is that a good app I would love to get 24 hours out of my phone.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

I bought it and tried it out. Waste of money. Didn't do a dang thing. There is no magic sauce on battery. If that app gave us 24 hours of battery Google would already own that company.

paperchaserPC

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya on that I just thought it would be better than what I am getting, but I guess I cannot complain because the bat last throughout most the day while I am at work. It drains really fast on my days off go figure.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya on that I just thought it would be better than what I am getting, but I guess I cannot complain because the bat last throughout most the day while I am at work. It drains really fast on my days off go figure.

I really believe the magic size in a battery is 3000Mah. Anything less is a constant maintenance program. I exert too much energy trying to save energy.

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for late reply guys. You need to be rooted!!! You must allow it super user access.. when your phone is asleep it uses 1/4 of the processor. When you get a CA or text it uses the full processor. There is 2 Apps 1 for dual core 1 for quad core get the correct one. You can find it online for free too ;)

For me. If I work for 8 hours and my phone it on in my pocket I will probly lose 1% per hour. Which is amazing. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't do that for me. I bought it based on your comment but haven't noticed any benefit.

fi9ueroa

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I took a different approach, my stock battery is 1850mAh, bought a 2380mAh slim battery and I'm very happy with my investment. I now get between 12 to 15 hours of real usage plus I have a spare. :D

SingleAction

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I read that there is going to be a official JB release,and my phone came with ICS 4.0.4 and I afraid that it may screw up the great battery life I have now.

I only have to charge the phone every 2 days. I use on a average of 12 hours a day, shutting down at night. The last cycle I got 27.5 hours out of 1 charge! I use the battery until it gets to 15%, and low battery notice tells you to plug charger in .

I don't know if this makes a diffence or not, but at this point I'm not updating the phone for some added features to lose battery life after all that I read!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I took a different approach, my stock battery is 1850mAh, bought a 2380mAh slim battery and I'm very happy with my investment. I now get between 12 to 15 hours of real usage plus I have a spare. :D
So this battery fits in the standard case?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I read that there is going to be a official JB release,and my phone came with ICS 4.0.4 and I afraid that it may screw up the great battery life I have now.

I only have to charge the phone every 2 days. I use on a average of 12 hours a day, shutting down at night. The last cycle I got 27.5 hours out of 1 charge! I use the battery until it gets to 15%, and low battery notice tells you to plug charger in .

I don't know if this makes a diffence or not, but at this point I'm not updating the phone for some added features to lose battery life after all that I read!
I'm not sure how 27+ hours is possible unless you don't use the phone at all. I have got 14 hours max.

SingleAction

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how 27+ hours is possible unless you don't use the phone at all. I have got 14 hours max.

Like I said, I average about 12 hours a day mostly on .
I have the $30 plan with 100 talk min., so I use Skype for calls, check e- mails, check forums,
an the rest of time the phone is on standby. I guess if your on the internet all day battery
Would be less.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, I average about 12 hours a day mostly on .
I have the $30 plan with 100 talk min., so I use Skype for calls, check e- mails, check forums,
an the rest of time the phone is on standby. I guess if your on the internet all day battery
Would be less.
Thanks for clarification. That makes sense.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513