Phone freezing up after the 4.0 update

DECOD3R

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I updated my Tmobile Galaxy S2 with the ICS through Kies my phone has been freezing up on me. This happens everyday and it getting a little annoying at this point. Anyone have any pointers or suggestions on how to resolve this?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am surprised you go the update while rooted. Did you lose root? If not, use root keeper to preserve root, then go to settings and do the factory reset

DECOD3R

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I actually did lose root.. I had to root again after the update. My thing is that I am new to alot of this and dont really trust custom ROM developers yet.

Question: Would root keeper prevent me from unrooting in the future?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure either, I assume it is a developer made wipe. They still do essentially the same things.

Root keeper more or less un roots, saves the files, let's you do the update and puts the files back. Unless the update breaks root, it should go Smoot and is less steps to get you back where you want to be

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

DECOD3R

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure either, I assume it is a developer made wipe. They still do essentially the same things.

Root keeper more or less un roots, saves the files, let's you do the update and puts the files back. Unless the update breaks root, it should go Smoot and is less steps to get you back where you want to be

Yea.. the ICS update breaks root

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No I mean the method. Some update close the loophole that enabled root to start with and a new method needs to be found. All updates break root one way or another

DECOD3R

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
No I mean the method. Some update close the loophole that enabled root to start with and a new method needs to be found. All updates break root one way or another

Im not sure how to specify answer your question, but I downloaded it through Kies.