Help switching from T-Mobile to Straight Talk

SchiffDogg

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried what you suggested and its still not working. It keeps switching back to tmobile apn. I have a htc one s is there anything else you can suggest i cant get mms messages or get online...plzHelp!!!
Christy, for whatever reason my Note 2 did the same thing after a software update. I worked around this by creating a new APN with the same name as the tmobile APN. Just follow the instructions for the ST APN settings and name it T-Mobile US LTE. Hope this helped.
Unlocked-Note 2

konsickwence

May 2, 2013
Visit site
PastorMatt85
"an ebay version that wont recognize a USB connection. (yes i tried everything from OEM cables, to KIES, to Samsung Drivers- all of it) if you can root it- do it! it's very easy if you've got a working USB connection"
Let your phone die and recharge it with the usb plugged in. When it comes back on it should recognize the usb plug.

shoffman6381

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a tmobile one s and have switched it to straight talk and have done the steps they stated to change my apn but it will not stick and goes right back to the locked tmobile network. How can I fix this????

nickyb91

May 8, 2013
Visit site
i have been using my tmobile galaxy s2 on straight talk for over three months and it has worked fine.. last night it just decided for the internet to quit working. I have tried all the apn settings listed here and nothing is working.!! Straight talk told me i needed to call mt manufacture.. anyone else have any other ideas?

jwalkington

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have got everything to work. BUT I dont really have all that great of service on ST, even tho my wife has a lg optimus showtime with ST right beside me and has 3g and I barly have service and going in and out of data..

I got a tmobile SGS2 unlocked that i unlocked by calling tmobile and rooted using odin stock rom. I have changed APN settings but it wont let me delete old tmobile APN I am thinking this is why my service isnt great not sure tho.. and it switches back every once in a while the tmobile APN. HELP PLEASE

captaincoffey

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have found the PERFECT SETTINGS for the locked OR unlocked T-Mobile Galaxy SII SKYROCKET, that is having trouble getting DATA or sending/receiving MMS. APN-straight talk or STRAIGHT TALK IT DOESNT MATTER. APN SETTING -wap.tracfone PORT - 8080 MMSC - http://mms.tracfone.com NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART. DONT HAVE SETTINGS FILLED IN ANYWHERE ELSE. IF THEY FILL IN ON THEIR OWN LIKE MNC & MCC THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE. Just dont fill in anything else yourself. HIT THE SAVE BUTTON UNDER MENU Dont worry about deleting the old TMobile settings, just make sure the green button next to your new settings is checked. NEXT IMPORTANT PART #2 HIT THE BACK BUTTON TWICE AFTER YOU HAVE SAVED YOUR SETTINGS, YOU WILL BE AT A PAGE THAT HAS USE PACKET DATA / ROAMING , ACCESS POINT NAMES, NETWORK MODE THEN NETWORK OPERATORS CLICK ON NETWORK OPERATORS then select SEARCH NOW...After you click on this it will do a search for a few minutes . It will come up with the choices AT&T and T-MOBILE SELECT T-MOBILE When you do you may see the Network mode grey out for a few minutes. It should say GSM ONLY under the Network Mode. You shouldnt even have to turn off your phone everything should work right then and Fast. Before I figured this out I could not send or get MMS or get online without WiFi. Good Luck and I hope this helps you all who have this same trouble.

i ALSO TRIED THIS IN A aATT GALAXY S II. I USED THE SAME 3 SETTINGS EXCEPT USING THE MVNO,CINGULAR SETTINGS. I did not put the ip addresses in where the recommended straight talk settings say to. repeat the same SAVE process , then go to the page on your phone where the network operators are listed. Do the same process, but for your phone select ATT as your network operator.Again the network mode should say GSM only. Go out of your settings and use your phone. Both these phones were unlocked that I used, but they dial a specific number internally to send an MMS. To get online there is also a specific web address. If each phone is set to the wrong network provider (ATmobile set to an ATT network provider, it throws everything off and will not work..Anyway, if your phone is working, great. If your STRAIGHT TALK ATT OR TMOBILE PNONE IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY...just try this. What have you got to lose?

I did this with at T Mobile SG2 running Android 4.1.2 after using Kies Air to upgrade it to same. I had to do one additional thing... name the NEW APN EXACTLY THE SAME NAME as the T mobile APN. I rebooted, and this worked. NOTE: I did make sure the one I created ( that has wap.tracfone as the sub heading under the name) was selected with the green radio button.

vwoom

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used a straight talk apn android app?

I have a brand new, locked T-Mobile LG G2 D801 (picked up yesterday, early Black Friday) using my old Straight Talk/T-Mobile MVNO SIM card.
I trimmed cut the old, over year old ST SIM into a ST microSIM, since getting a new ST microSIM won't work for some reason under my zip code (from Walmart's website).

I used initially the Tweakker App (searched and found "Straight Talk" T-Mobile MVNO network), but helped me only vaguely. I had better luck mainly following melovelynn's instructions, along with the combination of APN type entry by joe ahlfs and a minor variation of the Tweaker App APN name label. After a few trial and error reboots...SUCCESS!!! No need to delete the T-Mobile APN default (of which on this locked LG G2, is permanent). The new default APN is now named : Straight Talk MMS.

Thanks so much to everyone!!

P.S. Coming from an old Gingerbread 2.3 unlocked Acer Liquid MT S120 on this old standard SIM config (now an ST microSIM), I don't know what I was missing, all along. The Acer was getting only 2-3+ Mbps tops (on HSDPA 850/1900/2100, otherwise known as UMTS Bands I,II & V). Now, just by using the right data network frequencies of a T-Mobile configured phone (this flagship, T-Mobile locked LG G2 on UMTS Bands I,II,IV & V and LTE Bands II,IV & XVII), I'm getting 13-14+ Mbps routinely using the same "old ST SIM" and same towers/my location as from that of the Acer.

Last edited:

sashadannie

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have got a T Mobile locked Samsung galaxy note II and the micro Sim card for straight talk. The phone was sending but not receiving any information, it was all going to my old phone. Ok that sometimes happens. But then the phone stopped working all together and I have had my last nerve on the phone with them cause they dont know why it isn't working. They said the note 2 needs to be unlocked. I was thinking it was because I entered in the wrong information for the APN info. They dont have the SG note 2 list there yet.

Does anyone know some things I could try on the APN settings so I dont have to unlock the phone. Thanks