1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PDANET 3.50 (free tethering) doesn't work anymore

Hello everyone,

I am currently running Android version 2.3.6 (Gingerbread). My phone received a couple of notices to update the phone, but I kept ignoring it because I've been happy with Gingerbread.

However, I'm now unable to tether for free using PDANET 3.50. I believe this is the most current version, and both my phone and laptop have it installed.

Tethering works for the first webpage I browse, but when I attempt to browse a second site, it re-directs me to T-Mobile's webpage asking me to sign up for their tethering services ($$). Even though I get redirected, I can still continue browsing the first webpage that I opened.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this? Do I have to update the OS on my phone in order to use PDANET 3.50? Or is there a new/better program to use for free wi-fi tethering? I'm not that interested in turning my phone into a wi-fi hotspot. I'm perfectly happy plugging the phone into my laptop via USB.

If I do have to update the OS, I think I have to connect my phone to my laptop & run Samsung Kies. The Samsung Kies program will update the OS on my phone, correct? I'm assuming this means that I'll have to root my phone again?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: PDANET 3.50 (free tethering) doesn't work anymore

you need to uninstall pdanet and install pdanet 3.50+
    it has foxfi built-in and works great for me

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums