Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry HELP me please, Updated phone but now Photos load as Slides

Ok, I hope I can explain this correctly, here it goes.

I did the most recent update about a week ago, on my S2. All of the sudden any picture I receive via SMS opens as a SLIDE/MOVIE...

Here's what I've tried:

1- Tried going through the phones Settings/Applications/All and (Reset Defaults) - Did not work
    2- Tried rooting it and no option for extra defaults with Titanium Backup Pro - Did not work
    3- Downloaded SEARCH CLEAR DEFAULTS (Doesn't show as if the SMS has a default selected - Did not work
    4- Downloaded DEFAULT APP MANAGER PRO (Only shows SMS with a checkmark on it, no other option) - Did not work
    5- I deleted and re-downloaded PIXLR and SNAPSEED, which were options it used to give me to set as a default opening program - Did not work

I'm attaching a pic of the Default App Manager Pro...

Please help... Like I said previous to this, it would open as an image, and even so it would sometimes give me an option to open with other programs, now nothing...
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: HELP me please, Updated phone but now Photos load as Slides

anyone? Please help it's annoying...

Just found out my brothers S3 opens everything as a slide? does this mean its the new software? is there a way around that.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPA Official

Hmm, I've never encountered this problem before, even with the ICS and JB updates. Maybe broken permissions? You might want to try reflashing the update or revert back to your previous android version.

Speaking of android versions, which version of ICS were you using before the update? T-Mobile released two versions: 4.0.3 and 4.0.4. You might want to remember.
    If nothing else, it may be a recurring problem with incorrect installation of updates. Try using a different ROM to see if that remedies the issue. (Need root on your SGSII first)
    O13

ROM
    Harmonia 2

It was like that on ICS for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

When I get texts from iPhone users they show as slides. From other s2 users the pictures come through fine. I think it's who is sending them, what are they sending them as?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPA Official

Quote Originally Posted by roberts68 View Post
    When I get texts from iPhone users they show as slides. From other s2 users the pictures come through fine. I think it's who is sending them, what are they sending them as?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    I've never had this problem, as many of my friends (sadly) are rockin' iPhones and any images they send me show up as normal. I'm guessing that the slides are a feature in TouchWiz's messaging app, as I'm running ParanoidAndroid 2.55. (Unless of course I'm wrong. I rooted and flashed my SGSII a day before the Jellybean update for the T-989 was pushed via Kies.)
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.4 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, multiple Xposed modules[daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.4 KitKat, ViPER4Android FX