Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Minnetonka4me
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else have your battery life just get cut down to less than a 1/4 day?

Its weird...I was getting through a normal day on a single charge then one day...no changes in apps or anything...im getting about 4-5 hours.

My battery was a year old so I decided to replace it. Got two extras and they didnt help at all.

I read some other forums and people were saying something changed in the wi/fi stuff that is doing it, but all the weird fixes posted didnt help.

Anyone had the same issues?
    LadyDi likes this.

Default Re: Anyone else have your battery life just get cut down to less than a 1/4 day?

Did your phone recently update to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)? If so, a factory reset will provably resolve the issue.

Default Re: Anyone else have your battery life just get cut down to less than a 1/4 day?

Do you pull out the battery? When you do and reboot it will give you an exact %

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Sense 6

Mine has this problem, but it correlates more to the problem where NFC simply refuses to turn off, therefore leaving me with only about 9%-3% of battery life left, and that I was using a nightly of CM10. (Currently own an L710 since I've switched platforms). WiFi is running OK.

I already reflashed the phone with the original stock TouchWiz ROM, but kept the root privileges. Still, I'm a bit curious with why the newer Galaxy S2 T989 models on T-Mobile have NFC capability, especially when that is one of the features that drain battery life in a flash.