Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Minnetonka4me
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else have your battery life just get cut down to less than a 1/4 day?

Its weird...I was getting through a normal day on a single charge then one day...no changes in apps or anything...im getting about 4-5 hours.

My battery was a year old so I decided to replace it. Got two extras and they didnt help at all.

I read some other forums and people were saying something changed in the wi/fi stuff that is doing it, but all the weird fixes posted didnt help.

Anyone had the same issues?
    LadyDi likes this.

Default Re: Anyone else have your battery life just get cut down to less than a 1/4 day?

Did your phone recently update to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)? If so, a factory reset will provably resolve the issue.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Default Re: Anyone else have your battery life just get cut down to less than a 1/4 day?

Do you pull out the battery? When you do and reboot it will give you an exact %

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPA Official

Mine has this problem, but it correlates more to the problem where NFC simply refuses to turn off, therefore leaving me with only about 9%-3% of battery life left, and that I was using a nightly of CM10. (Currently own an L710 since I've switched platforms). WiFi is running OK.

I already reflashed the phone with the original stock TouchWiz ROM, but kept the root privileges. Still, I'm a bit curious with why the newer Galaxy S2 T989 models on T-Mobile have NFC capability, especially when that is one of the features that drain battery life in a flash.