Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy SII Overheating While Charging - New Battery and Charger - Still Fries Batteries

Hi guys. I'm new here after googling about my phone problem. I figured it would be best to ask you all myself.
    The way I charge my phone I've found out is really bad and probably the cause of my problem. I would charge it all night, thus overcharging it?
    I've had the phone about a year. The other night I woke up in the middle of the night and it had an overheated message on it so I unplugged it and went back to sleep. The next morning the phone would not even turn on even when I had it plugged in. I went to buy a new battery, went home to charge the new battery, and it ended up getting fried. I went BACK to the battery store, got ANOTHER battery AND a new charger, came home to charge, and it eventually fried the second new battery. The girl at the store said if the new battery and charger don't work it's probably the phone.

What can I do about my phone as far as getting it fixed? We all know it's an expensive phone, and I've only had it one year so I am not quite ready to get a brand new expensive phone.
    Thanks for any help you all can give!!!!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy SII Overheating While Charging - New Battery and Charger - Still Fries Batteries

Battery store? Do you mean like battery plus? OEM batteries and chargers are best. Charging overnight is fine with healthy equipment.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPA Official

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy SII Overheating While Charging - New Battery and Charger - Still Fries Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by alfairly View Post
    Hi guys. I'm new here after googling about my phone problem. I figured it would be best to ask you all myself.
    The way I charge my phone I've found out is really bad and probably the cause of my problem. I would charge it all night, thus overcharging it?
    I've had the phone about a year. The other night I woke up in the middle of the night and it had an overheated message on it so I unplugged it and went back to sleep. The next morning the phone would not even turn on even when I had it plugged in. I went to buy a new battery, went home to charge the new battery, and it ended up getting fried. I went BACK to the battery store, got ANOTHER battery AND a new charger, came home to charge, and it eventually fried the second new battery. The girl at the store said if the new battery and charger don't work it's probably the phone.

What can I do about my phone as far as getting it fixed? We all know it's an expensive phone, and I've only had it one year so I am not quite ready to get a brand new expensive phone.
    Thanks for any help you all can give!!!!
    As friedtators suggested, it may be a hardware issue with the phone, but it may also be a problem with the voltage output of a certain outlet in your home.
    Also, I've heard of issues like this arising with the fastcharge mod enabled, since output is no longer maintained with the mod activated. Are you running custom firmware? If so, your case must be similar to the one I've mentioned.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.4 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, multiple Xposed modules[daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.4 KitKat, ViPER4Android FX