Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Phone wont charge!! weird charge problem

Lately mycell can be only be charged witj one particular charger. I cant chanrge with my car chargers, or any of the other chargers. What could be wrong with my cell?! Now my son broke the only stupid charger that would charge my cell. Help! I dont know whats wrong with my cell.

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Phone wont charge!! weird charge problem

Quote Originally Posted by Salmeen View Post
    Lately mycell can be only be charged witj one particular charger. I cant chanrge with my car chargers, or any of the other chargers. What could be wrong with my cell?! Now my son broke the only stupid charger that would charge my cell. Help! I dont know whats wrong with my cell.
    Welcome to the forums.
    My guess is the pins in either the other cords or your phone itself are damaged. If you tried getting a new micro USB cord that would confirm or deny the guess.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for replying. Ill have to get a new charger. Hopefully its the charger and not my phone thats damaged.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSPA Official

Quote Originally Posted by Salmeen View Post
    Thanks for replying. Ill have to get a new charger. Hopefully its the charger and not my phone thats damaged.
    Sad truth about micro USB ports is that they're known for being delicate and they break easily after extended amounts of time and usage. If the cables aren't the problem, then a faulty micro USB port is the culprit. If that's the case, you may need to order a replacement device.

By the way, what is the model of your android device? To be honest, "my cell" doesn't provide much info on what the device is besides the obvious that it's a smartphone.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.4 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, multiple Xposed modules[daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.4 KitKat, ViPER4Android FX