Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NEED HELP Switching from Tmobile to Sraight Talk

OK,
    so I made the switch yesterday. I changed my APN settings, and my phone has the ST APN selected and talk and text and everything working fine BUT I am getting the same service I normally do with tmobile.. I think my problem is that my phone WOULDNT let me delete or edit the old tmobile APN.. im not sure I rooted my phone hoping to gain more privileges but still wont let me delete it. My wife has a LG Optimus Showtime on ST and is getting 3G right beside me. and every where I normally go I get the same service I normally would with tmobile but now I am paying ST.. Can anyone help me out??

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: NEED HELP Switching from Tmobile to Sraight Talk

You shouldn't need to delete the old APN. If you're using a T-Mobile SIM, you'll get the same service as on T-Mobile. ST uses T-mobile's network to provide access to you. This will not include LTE. MVNOs do not have access to any carrier's LTE networks. If you're looking for better service, perhaps try sim-unlocking the phone and use an AT&T SIM card if you can find one.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: NEED HELP Switching from Tmobile to Sraight Talk

Yeah I found out that I am just paying straight talk to use tmobile towers.. I did delete the tmobile APN Finally, I needed to delete it because it kept changing back to tmobile apn randomly but now the straight talk APN is the only one I have but it just randomly deselects itself so I will be walking around with no service. Does anyone know if there is anyway I can use this phone on different towers than tmobile and at&t because they both have terrible service here. I was told to switch to ST because they use verizon towers and verizon has great service here.