Songs won't show up on my music player/google music???

kapesha

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I was using Samsung Kies last night and it did this firmware upgrade that I don't even know about. I was scared when the upgrade was finished because my songs might be gone after that or any other files that I have. Thankfully, nothing disappeared, even my songs. I checked my Samsung Kies and I was wondering why my music file is suddenly empty... I checked my phone and now ALL the songs are gone! Like a second ago it was there?

Since I have my music saved onto my laptop, I just transferred it again, you know the usual stuff I used to do before.. but it won't appear? I transfer my songs by going to My Computer and to the phone drive (there are 2: G and H drive? But G: 's space is too low so I can't put my music there, so I put it on H: ).. I even tried transferring songs using Samsung Kies, it says it's there but when I go to my Music Player/Google Play Music... IT'S STILL NOT THERE D: .

I tried clearing cache/data, changing the folders, syncing google play music from my google account... still nothing?
I actually checked My Files if the songs are there and it is... but idk why it won't appear on this damn Music player ... HELP?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I was using Samsung Kies last night and it did this firmware upgrade that I don't even know about. I was scared when the upgrade was finished because my songs might be gone after that or any other files that I have. Thankfully, nothing disappeared, even my songs. I checked my Samsung Kies and I was wondering why my music file is suddenly empty... I checked my phone and now ALL the songs are gone! Like a second ago it was there?

Since I have my music saved onto my laptop, I just transferred it again, you know the usual stuff I used to do before.. but it won't appear? I transfer my songs by going to My Computer and to the phone drive (there are 2: G and H drive? But G: 's space is too low so I can't put my music there, so I put it on H: ).. I even tried transferring songs using Samsung Kies, it says it's there but when I go to my Music Player/Google Play Music... IT'S STILL NOT THERE D: .

I tried clearing cache/data, changing the folders, syncing google play music from my google account... still nothing?
I actually checked My Files if the songs are there and it is... but idk why it won't appear on this damn Music player ... HELP?

It may be a file system error with your SD card or google Play Music isn't scanning your phone for audio files. Try rebooting the phone or using a different music player.

Also, could you provide screenshots from your phone depicting the problem? It may help other users to form a working solution. (hold the power button and home button for a few seconds to take a screenshot)

Tom Thompson3

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
after many days of trying I found out what to do.
first if you want to move an app google have taken that away, you can only do that on rooted phones now. no app in google play can help you.
ok to move music and other files. I have just upgraded from samsung galaxy 2 to galaxy 3
all my music was on the sd card well the ex sd card, I hoped it would just work but no!!!!

ok first of all you will need to format your ex sd card to your new phone but you dont want to lose everything on it right.
two ways of doing this.
first move the files you want to keep to the sdcard0 or phone file from the ex sd card you can do this in the my files everything should show in the my files even if the music apps dont show them. my files,exsdcard tick the files you want to keep or hit the menu button and select all then top right on the phone screen and move then hit the sdcard and create new folder call it music. ande then the move here.
second way is by the computer if you have too many files and wont fit on your phone
if your computer doesn't have a sd card slot dont worry you can find an sd adapter on ebay for 99p like i have done.
make a new file on your compute desktop by clicking right on your mouse, new file then name it. plug in your sd card go into my computer in the start up menu click on removable disk. how drag everything you want to keep into your new file.

DONT BOTHER WITH AIR DRODE OR ANY OTHER APP TO DO THIS OR EVEN THE PHONE WITH USB. ITS TOO SLOW AND TO MUCH MESSING ABOUT. THESE APPS AND THE PHONES USB ARE GREAT FOR SMALL FILES, BUT A NIGHTMARE WITH BIG FILES.

now your ready to format your ex sd card.
to do this go in to setting on you phone go into storage (make sure ex sd card is in the phone) then format sd card.
now your ready to cope everything back on to the ex sd card. the same way you moved everything before. make a new file on the ex sd card the same way you did moving before if you moved it to your phone call it music (some music apps wont see it if now rooted to the main exsd card called music) if doing it on computer just make a file on the ex sd card same way you made the file on your desktop.

thats it everything should work.

one more thing if you want to cope music from your computer to your phones ex sd card this is how i did it and no fuss.

I use itunes player, doesnt matter which player you use. everything is copied as mp3 format.
you you need to do is find the folder that itunes or your music player has copied all your music too. plug in the sccard into the computer open it and the folder that has all your music in that drag and drop. again dont bother with any software to do its. YOU DONT NEED IT !!!!

YCK

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
If yous songs artists is "unknown" All you need to do is add an artist name to the song. you can use the app mp3dit

Don Graham1

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Ok... Very frustrating. I got a brand new S6. I copied a zillion songs over from my laptop. Fine. It's all good. I later added more songs. The music player doesn't see them. I already made sure there was no .media file in any folders. I cleared the cache and data etc. I rebooted the phone, powered off for over an hour. Restart, music still not there. I put songs in a folder where existing songs are that work. It still doesn't see them. I have to go into my file explorer to find the songs, but they only play one song at a time. I have to manually tap the next song. And it's not the "music" app that plays it, it's this tiny 2" by 3" dialog box (for lack of better words) with an x at the top right corner, and a pause button, and a slider bar. That's it! I really need to be able to see my dammed music. This is nuts. None of the searches I've googled have helped me.

saud topcagic

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site

I had the same problem, i moved all my song from the mosic folder the the Device Storage>Samsung>Music and they showed up

Malcolm Sullivan

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
I was having the same problem...read on. Connect phone/pc via usb scroll to phone sd storage on pc right click track, click properties, click details tab at top check for album titles or other name under which track title could have been used. Go to phon and scroll through music file s till you find alternative entry named in 'property details'...bingo.
E.g. I couldn't find tom jones 'with these hands' it turns out it was used in 'edward scissorhands' movie. Therefore on my phone it was listed as 'poor edward'. Try this; i've been searching fopr three titles which my pc confirmed were in the library and i found all three.

Best of luck

metallicakid4187

Apr 27, 2018
Visit site
I had this problem all the music was gone from my Google play music app except the 15 songs on my internal storage the 700 songs from my sd card where gone.. They where in my sd card music folder just not Google play i had taken the Google play music app out of the Google folder and put it on my main screen to get to it easier since i put Google play music back in the Google folder with like gmail and stuff my music has all been back on Google play hope this helps everyone.. from lg stylo

Davin Fortune

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
Just move the file from other folder in sd card to the other
For example, you copy song from PC to ur smartphone to folder music, but then u realize google music and google file didnt detect then but the other song on the same folder has been detected
So just move the songs you have copied to other empty folder and then move it back to ur music folder, and it Will detected by the google music
P.s i've experience these many Times start from download from chrome and not detected until i move the song to other folder

Hope it helps people who still struggling