SGH-T989D Issues w/ Instagram (& Instagram Video)

sauga_kid

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've upgraded to JB (4.1.2) and updated Instagram (4.0.2) virtually one after the other. Since then, I've noticed two issues:

• when posting photos, once I've selected a photo from my gallery, the top and bottom bars (continue arrow & filters) disappear. They are still click-able but you cannot see them, so it becomes a guessing game.
  • the option for video recording is there, however once you let go of the record button, it just loops back to the beginning and instructs you to hold the button to record again. Hence, the video feature renders itself useless!
Is anybody else experiencing similar issues and if you have any solutions or work arounds, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

miklon

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have the exact same issue. I was using a cyannogen mod previously but decided to flash back to stock (4.1.2) after experiencing terrible power management with the ROM (but that's irrelevant), once I installed instagram again it's been screwing around with me, by the top and bottom bars disappearing as well as the video problem. I thought it was only me experiencing this problem, which would have sucked because I'm not a person who is very techsavvy when it comes to phones; I am not comfortable with flashing my phone and applying new ROMS.

Anyway's I sent in a complaint about this problem on the Instagram's report to us page, you should too; bring awareness to this issue because I need to start uploading selfies brooo its killing me lol.:(

miklon

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
In addition I forgot to mention that I've been getting a new issue; when I battle out the visibility issue with the editing tools, when my photo gets processed it becomes a black photo. All that editing work for a black photo. Let me know if all your photos become plain black photos as well.

sauga_kid

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've placed a report with Instagram as well and have not heard a word from them. I haven't experienced the photo black out scenario, although I do all my photo processing outside of Instagram so I'm probably not the best to comment on that.

jlagan2

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out a fix for this? It is highly aggravating and makes the core feature of the app unusable... I've reported to instagram but did not and probably never will receive a response. I've tried reinstalling to both the device and the sd card but none of that worked either.

RedMageX

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same two problems with my S2X, it's really aggrivating and I've already posted a review/bug report within the Instagram Play Store spot.

miklon

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey sorry man, didn't see the message.

If you just google instagram report page, I believe there is a series of steps you take in order to file a report.

I too am having this issue.

@miklon -- where did you report it to instagram? I'm not seeing the same problem listed on their site...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781