Wi-fi calling error?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
A friend of mine got a new Galaxy S2 today. A message keeps showing up that says "wifi calling errors...missing 911 address". When you pull down the notification panel. there is a little red phone icon next to the message (like a missed call icon). Anyone know what this is?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine got a new Galaxy S2 today. A message keeps showing up that says "wifi calling errors...missing 911 address". When you pull down the notification panel. there is a little red phone icon next to the message (like a missed call icon). Anyone know what this is?

Can you provide a screenshot? I don't use TouchWiz anymore but I'm curious as to what this icon is.

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I heard about it before I think it's because dey are not with T-Mobile dey might be with another company. Something else I've seen is dat ppl can't call 911 cus you have to first register or do something online I'm not sure I can't remember

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You have to fix it on the T-Mobile side.

Log in to T-Mobile and go to "Manage" -> "Your Profile" -> "Customer Information" -- near the bottom you'll see a 911 address, just fill in your home address (your friend, of course) and then WiFi calling will work.

Holly Huffman

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'm having a blonde moment.but I am confused by this WIFI 911 address request. If I put in my home address, but i'm at work when I happen to call 911, are they going to send police to my home which is 45 minutes away from my work? Do I have to change the 911 address EVERY time I change locations? This seems exhausting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair