Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,605 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Wi-fi calling error?

A friend of mine got a new Galaxy S2 today. A message keeps showing up that says "wifi calling errors...missing 911 address". When you pull down the notification panel. there is a little red phone icon next to the message (like a missed call icon). Anyone know what this is?

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 6

Default Re: Wi-fi calling error?

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    A friend of mine got a new Galaxy S2 today. A message keeps showing up that says "wifi calling errors...missing 911 address". When you pull down the notification panel. there is a little red phone icon next to the message (like a missed call icon). Anyone know what this is?
    Can you provide a screenshot? I don't use TouchWiz anymore but I'm curious as to what this icon is.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

HTC One M8: Stock Sense 6 w/ OEM and carrier bloatware removed [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.6 Beta 6 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, updated Adreno 220 drivers [backup]
    HTC Nexus 9: Stock Android Lollipop
    O13

ROM
    Harmonia 2

I heard about it before I think it's because dey are not with T-Mobile dey might be with another company. Something else I've seen is dat ppl can't call 911 cus you have to first register or do something online I'm not sure I can't remember

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 5.0

You have to fix it on the T-Mobile side.

Log in to T-Mobile and go to "Manage" -> "Your Profile" -> "Customer Information" -- near the bottom you'll see a 911 address, just fill in your home address (your friend, of course) and then WiFi calling will work.

Maybe I'm having a blonde moment.but I am confused by this WIFI 911 address request. If I put in my home address, but i'm at work when I happen to call 911, are they going to send police to my home which is 45 minutes away from my work? Do I have to change the 911 address EVERY time I change locations? This seems exhausting.

I have the same problem I get this error over and over and I am with Metro PCS! I have a Samsung and I have no idea how to fix it or what it really means