Screen smashed. USB Debugging off.

kbolt876

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Good day all. I have in my possession a T989 with a cracked screen and unfortunately USB debugging was not switched on prior to this. The screen doesn't respond to any touch, from what I can observe, and it is completely blank. I've already lamented enough over losing the phone, now I'm just hoping I can get my files from the sdcard. I know a little about ADB and I had hoped I would have been able to pull these files but that hasn't worked (no USB debugging and all).

I've been trying to find ways to enable USB debugging via cmd but that doesn't seem to work either. So right now I'm stuck. I'm looking for a way to access the sdcard OR to emulate/stream the phone's screen to my PC and then control it to hopefully enable USB debugging. It was running a CyanogenMod ROM before it died. Can anyone assist? I would really appreciate any help.

Tronmech

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to get into recovery by powering on while holding down both volume buttons. If you're not connected to a computer when you do that, recovery will boot instead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08