Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sicily1918
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation I need to move music from my device memory to the sd card

I have a 32g sd card that is almost empty and all my music is on the device i need to now how to move it from the device to the sd card im not all that good with technology so i could use some help please.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: I need to move music from my device memory to the sd card

Welcome to Android Central! What you need to do this is a file manager app. Go to the Play Store and download one, such as OI. After you install it, browse to where your music is stored on the phone, and cut and paste it into the music folder on your sdcard. If you need further help, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylan Gasque View Post
    I have a 32g sd card that is almost empty and all my music is on the device i need to now how to move it from the device to the sd card im not all that good with technology so i could use some help please.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.4.2

Use Samsung's built-in manager (called either "Files" or "My Files"). You can then choose the Music directory (or the files therein) and move them over. if you need step-by-step, I'm sure you can Google it real quick (I use the CM ROM on my phone, so my file manager behaves rather differently.

My favorite file manager from the Play Store is X-Plore -- give it a try, it has dual-windows and is very slick.
    Nexus4 - Stock 4.4.2
    Nexus7 - Stock 4.4.2
    SGH-T989 - CM10.2

I am having the same issue. I can get to where my music is stored on my device but I dont see how to copy and paste it from my device storage to my sd card. Any help you can offer?
    Thank you.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Usually, you can hold your finger on the selection (the folder) in whatever file browser you're using to achieve such and then hit move. After that, just swing on by over to the directory of your external SD card and hit paste and voila! The files you want should be there. (I use Root Explorer so it may vary for you)
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX

Quote Originally Posted by Daylan Gasque View Post