Mobile hotspot issues and temp workaround
Hi I have Galaxy S II SGH-T989 on T-Mobile with Android 4.1.2 and Mobile hotspot plan paid for (phone unlocked).
After updating to 4.1.2 (official update) I started having issues with the mobile hot spot.
1) I turn on the hostpot in the morning
2) connect fine with my notebook
3) canít get past the gateway, ipconfig release / renew, nothing, can't ping beyond the gateway
4) reboot the phone and go back to step 1 and 2, hotspot starts working fine, I can connect to the internet with no issues
5) I turn off the hotspot for the rest of the day to conserve battery
6) in the afternoon I turn the hotspot back on, same issue comes back, I can connect to the hotspot with my computer but no access beyond the gateway
Workaround I found
At this point I can turn on the Airplane mode, after it turns on, I turn it back off and then turn on the hotspot. Then I can connect and access the internet with no issues.
Its a major pain and annoyance to have to keep turning on and off the Airplane mode along with hotspot just to connect and access internet via my notebook. I have to do it twice a day for my commute.
Anyone else experiencing same issue?
Re: Mobile hotspot issues and temp workaround
Using custom ROMs (preferably AOSP-based ones) seem to not have this issue. Try finding TetheringProvision.apk and delete it.