Un-installing bloatware/factory installed apps

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
According the sticky post in the AT&T S2 section of this forum, "25 reasons to consider the AT&T Galaxy S2":

It's Not Bloated
Some may love the pre-installed apps. Others may want to delete them. Carriers often prevent you from removing pre-installed "bloatware" without breaking your warranty. Samsung is allowing users to uninstall bloatware. Tap Home > Menu > Settings> Applications > Manage Applications to delete apps.

Is that really possible? I found no way of doing that with my un-rooted T-Mobile S2. I've never heard of an Android phone that you could do that with.

I was also surprised to see that the screen on the AT&T version is only 4.2", not 4.5", and that it used a slower CPU.

Getting rid of bloatware without rooting would be great!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Without rooting the best you can typically do is "disable" or "freeze" apps so they can't run, but there are even a few pieces that that won't work on. Rooting and the use of something like TiTanium BackUp will allow you to actually uninstall the bloatware, IME.

witstert

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have an S2, which I purchased unlocked in 2012, which is so choked up I am surprised that I managed to root it, I think and hope. i haven't been able to verify that it is rooted because there is "insufficient storage space". I am now at an impasse because I don't have enough (any?) knowledge to delete any of the applications that I don't need and/or want. I will be grateful for any advice offered.:-[:confused::(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol