1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Horizontal Pixel lines just before OS launch

Dear Androidcentral members,

I have been experiencing the following issue, since 3 weeks my Hercules (Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-T989), restarted spontaneously and when it reloaded until the samsung logo,the welcome screen was totally fine just until the systems actually starts; horizontal pixel lines start to appear then they persist for ever and the lines keep changing while the system doesn't load, the confusing thing is that the screen works totally fine before this stage and I have worked within TWRP and CWM for hours and the screen is totally fine and it's able to show the welcome animation just fine, I have tried everything I know to resolve the issue I have done factory reset, reflashed the two original stock roms using odin/or TWRP & CWM and these didn't work.
    Then I tried the available custom ROMs such as CM,AKOP, BeanStalk and SlimKat and when the installation is successful and I turn on the device after reboot the first Samsung logo appears then the device turns off, I have of course done the wiping part of the cache and the davlik to not avail. Then I thought the issue is maybe due to something on the internal sdcard so I formatted it after backup. I don't have ext. sdcard.

Now I don't know if there's something wrong with the screen, and I can't imagine this conclusion since the screen totally works fine unless the actual android is loading, but still it's a possibility.
    A friend of my suggested that there's a malfunctioning capacitor emitting a lot of electricity to the screen rendering the problem?
    Guys do you have any solutions? I am really confused.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Official Nightlies

Default Re: Horizontal Pixel lines just before OS launch

As your friend mentioned, it may be a malfunctioning capacitor as you've stated that this problem persists no matter what ROM you're using.

In that case, you may just need to replace the LCD/Digitizer as it's a screen problem.
    here: Amazon.com: Samsung Full LCD Display, Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly for Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 Hercules T-mobile: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), UBER Kernel 2Ghz, ViPER4Android FX [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G (SGH-T679): Carbon (4.4.2 Official Nightlies), Operation Killjoy, ViPER4Android FX [secondary handset]
    Asus Nexus 7 (2013): Official 4.4.2 KitKat OTA, ViPER4Android FX
    Thanked by: