- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Water damage 5 months later
I think this may seem like a stupid question. I got my galaxy S2 in July. In September I by accident dropped my phone in water, took it out of the water immediately, took my phone apart and let it dry. My phone has been working perfectly, just how it normally. Except since last week when my phone all of a sudden won't hold a charge, and has trouble charging and takes forever to charge. I went and bought a new battery, and it is still isn't working any better. I know it may seem like a stupid question but I really don't know. Can water damage all of a sudden show up 5 months after I dropped in it water?
Please and thank you!
- 01-18-2014, 07:53 PM #2
Re: Water damage 5 months later
Unfortunately, yes it can. Even when you take the right steps, like it sounds you did, the water can corrode the circuitry and shorten the life of the phone. It was lucky you got all these extra months out of it.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
- By mr_wilson3 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) AccessoriesReplies: 10Last Post: 01-13-2017, 08:52 PM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 05-12-2014, 04:50 PM
- By Madd54 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 15Last Post: 03-09-2014, 10:56 AM
- By ctjaros in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 03:16 PM
- By fofjjsr in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-16-2014, 12:55 PM