1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy S III Protective Gel Cover - Translucent Blue

Samsung Galaxy S III Protective Gel Cover - Translucent Blue EFC-1G6WBE
    Made in Korea.

I started noticing dark areas forming on both sides of the case in the back at the edge on the same level as the "Galaxy S3" logo. I experienced the same ordeal with a TPU cover I bought from ebay over a year ago for the Galaxy S II i9100. I believe the EFC-1G56WBE is also made of TPU.

Can someone tell me why this is happening? Is it some kind of heat/radiation burn?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S III Protective Gel Cover - Translucent Blue-siii-sii-heat-burn-tpu-copy.jpg  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Ok the black blotch is getting worse...so nobody out there is having this funny issue but me....???

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Protective Gel Cover - Translucent Blue

Where can u buy that case reply a link?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Its no longer available from Samsung but you can get it on Amazon.com. Search Samsung Galaxy S3 OEM case.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Mystery solved! It was my neoprin pouch. Heat could only escape at the opening of the neoprin pouch so it burnt that area somehow. Do not buy neoprin pouches! (They are made from the same materials as diving suits thus retaining heat.)

Quote Originally Posted by txb0024 View Post
    Mystery solved! It was my neoprin pouch. Heat could only escape at the opening of the neoprin pouch so it burnt that area somehow. Do not buy neoprin pouches! (They are made from the same materials as diving suits thus retaining heat.)

Glad you figured it out.