Did I brick my phone or is it Sudden Death ?

natanazizov

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I was installing a new rom on my phone its the android revolution one and after i selected which apps i wanted it started installing. when it was done installing it crashed and the screen went black. Now I cant charge it, the computer dosent recognize it, cant turn it on, and cant enter download or recovery mode.The screen is completley black and i cant do anything to the phone. Did i brick it and if i did is there any way to fix it or is just sudden death?

Please please help. thankyou

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a brick to me. The only thing that can be done would be either an Insurance Claim or Warranty Exchange. If you try Warranty Exchange do not let the provider know you were rooted and changing the rom, as this voids the Warranty.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If it is just a few days take it to T-Mobile. I had mine for about 3 days and it died, would not come on or charge and they just replaced it in store. Make sure to at least take the box it came in with you also.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Since the screen is cracked they will claim that is the reason it is not working. Sorry, looks like you have an expensive paper weight.

Corey Sheldon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Samsung will fix but it'll be about $200usd and you're offline about a week...but its fixed factory stock and they may even leave it unlocked /unrooted if your nice and ask right.....(carriers ask for locks not Samsung:rolleyes:)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't see where the OP said his screen is cracked.

If the screen is OK, you should try t-mobile, not Samsung. Samsung will probably test it and see that you rooted and flashed a new ROM, and refuse a warranty repair.

Yes, your phone is hard bricked. That's what will happen every time when you flash a ROM that's designed for a different phone. Every description of this ROM I saw says it's for the Galaxy S3 i9300, which is NOT the t-mobile version of the phone. For the next time READ, READ, READ before you try something like this again. Geez, it's so frustrating to see how many people are bricking their phones because they flash first and ask questions later. It took me less than 30 seconds to Google "android revolution galaxy s3 t-mobile" and find this thread:

Download Android Revolution HD ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3

which includes this exchange:

Untitled.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol