Bricked? Galaxy s3 "firmware upgrade encountered issue" page only now

Shawn Haynes

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Root Galaxy S3 On Android 4.1.2 [How-To Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

Above is what I attempted to install, yeah I know rookie mistakes, but im trying to learn

yes, I think I know now that I downloaded wrong program? believe I picked the one for international phones...Mine is not and Sprint...

so now Im stuck at the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" page on phone, and does nothing, tried connecting to Kies but it just keeps searching for device...anything I can do or did I brick it for good????

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Root Galaxy S3 On Android 4.1.2 [How-To Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

Above is what I attempted to install, yeah I know rookie mistakes, but im trying to learn

yes, I think I know now that I downloaded wrong program? believe I picked the one for international phones...Mine is not and Sprint...

so now Im stuck at the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" page on phone, and does nothing, tried connecting to Kies but it just keeps searching for device...anything I can do or did I brick it for good????

Welcome to the forums!
Can you reboot into recovery, or download mode?

Shawn Haynes

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
No it wont do anything but stay on that same screen, unless theres a way to do so I dont know? I tryed to go into download mode but it wont do anything...

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No it wont do anything but stay on that same screen, unless theres a way to do so I dont know? I tryed to go into download mode but it wont do anything...

Ok, so you can't get into Download mode, and recovery? If that is true, you most likely bricked your device. You can try searching for a JTAG service or device, but there is no guarantee the service or device will get it fixed.

Shawn Haynes

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
holding the three buttons for download mode...no, does nothing, going into recovery have no idea how to do that, I assume thats an option after getting to download mode...so since no download mode, I'm bricked then? If so, thanks for the info at least...guess I'm kinda screwed cuz it has 4 counts so Sprints not gonna help I'm sure...

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
holding the three buttons for download mode...no, does nothing, going into recovery have no idea how to do that, I assume thats an option after getting to download mode...so since no download mode, I'm bricked then? If so, thanks for the info at least...guess I'm kinda screwed cuz it has 4 counts so Sprints not gonna help I'm sure...

Recovery mode is volume up, home and power.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37