Installing cyanogenmod after rooting with cwm?

jimbeam#AC

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
How do I install a new rom after rooting with cwm? I made a backup with cwm and did a factory reset and I can't find the zip file on my sd card to flash to the new rom? can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How do I install a new rom after rooting with cwm? I made a backup with cwm and did a factory reset and I can't find the zip file on my sd card to flash to the new rom? can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks
Reboot.
After the reboot, unmount the SD card, and put the file on via a PC. Just put it in on the card, not in a file. Replace the Sd card, and remount to the phone. Reboot to recovery and try again.

jimbeam#AC

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having problems. I'm having to do a restore. It wouldn't let me install the new rom. It went back to factory and had to a lot of updates. I'm glad for the backup.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having problems. I'm having to do a restore. It wouldn't let me install the new rom. It went back to factory and had to a lot of updates. I'm glad for the backup.

Try downloading the file again. There may have been a hiccup when you did.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

jimbeam#AC

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaving the file zipped. tried installing on sd card and laptop like you said.when I try to restart I only get a samsung screen and nothing else???

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving the file zipped. tried installing on sd card and laptop like you said.when I try to restart I only get a samsung screen and nothing else???

Initial boot up takes a while. Upward of ten minutes.
Another to try is Slimroms.

jimbeam#AC

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I reset erase phone to factory settings and then reboot get a samsung screen and then it reinstalls factory rom. I have to go back install cwm zip and then do a backup. What am I doing wrong?? I see the other rom zip on pc and on sd card but not when in cwm recovery. Am I missing a step or something??

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I reset erase phone to factory settings and then reboot get a samsung screen and then it reinstalls factory rom. I have to go back install cwm zip and then do a backup. What am I doing wrong?? I see the other rom zip on pc and on sd card but not when in cwm recovery. Am I missing a step or something??

Check out root galaxy s3 .com. Follow the rooting steps for your device. Double check root status with a root check app.