S3 bricked it self somehow

Insane Aim X

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I was using my s3 one day, and while i was using it my screen turned black all of sudden.
I pressed the power button to turn it back on.

-The samsung logo shows, then nothing happens.
-the phone was not rooted
-It will not enter android recovery(home power, vol up) it acts like its gonna go into it, but it never does. shows the blue text.
-When i go into download mode,the moment it says press up to continue, and down to cancel the screen goes black before
it even allows me to choose anything
-swapped batteries

I dont what else to do ? :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I was using my s3 one day, and while i was using it my screen turned black all of sudden.
I pressed the power button to turn it back on.

-The samsung logo shows, then nothing happens.
-the phone was not rooted
-It will not enter android recovery(home power, vol up) it acts like its gonna go into it, but it never does. shows the blue text.
-When i go into download mode,the moment it says press up to continue, and down to cancel the screen goes black before
it even allows me to choose anything
-swapped batteries

I dont what else to do ? :(

It is possible this is an issue with the motherboard. Or sudden death of the device. Rare, but it happens.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The "sudden death" issue that was supposedly fixed by a firmware update only affected international versions of the phone, I think.

But whatever the cause, this does sound like hardware failure. If you haven't already, try leaving the battery out for 10 minutes, and then try again. I doubt that will fix anything, but it's possible. You might also try booting into Safe Mode, but I don't have much hope:

Samsung Galaxy S III - Enable and Disable Safe Mod... - Mobile Product Support Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech