- 15 Posts
S3 bricked it self somehow
I was using my s3 one day, and while i was using it my screen turned black all of sudden.
I pressed the power button to turn it back on.
-The samsung logo shows, then nothing happens.
-the phone was not rooted
-It will not enter android recovery(home power, vol up) it acts like its gonna go into it, but it never does. shows the blue text.
-When i go into download mode,the moment it says press up to continue, and down to cancel the screen goes black before
it even allows me to choose anything
I dont what else to do ?
- 01-06-2014, 09:32 AM #2
- 01-06-2014, 02:20 PM #3
Re: S3 bricked it self somehow
The "sudden death" issue that was supposedly fixed by a firmware update only affected international versions of the phone, I think.
But whatever the cause, this does sound like hardware failure. If you haven't already, try leaving the battery out for 10 minutes, and then try again. I doubt that will fix anything, but it's possible. You might also try booting into Safe Mode, but I don't have much hope:
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Enable and Disable Safe Mod... - Mobile Product Support Forums
- By metz65 in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 80Last Post: 06-09-2014, 07:15 PM
- By Riley Spigelmeyer in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM
- By vonfranklin1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 01-06-2014, 08:06 AM
- By score987 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2014, 06:24 PM
- By xcrap in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-05-2014, 07:02 AM