- 15 Posts
S3 bricked it self somehow
I was using my s3 one day, and while i was using it my screen turned black all of sudden.
I pressed the power button to turn it back on.
-The samsung logo shows, then nothing happens.
-the phone was not rooted
-It will not enter android recovery(home power, vol up) it acts like its gonna go into it, but it never does. shows the blue text.
-When i go into download mode,the moment it says press up to continue, and down to cancel the screen goes black before
it even allows me to choose anything
I dont what else to do ?
- 01-06-2014, 09:32 AM #2
- 01-06-2014, 02:20 PM #3
Re: S3 bricked it self somehow
The "sudden death" issue that was supposedly fixed by a firmware update only affected international versions of the phone, I think.
But whatever the cause, this does sound like hardware failure. If you haven't already, try leaving the battery out for 10 minutes, and then try again. I doubt that will fix anything, but it's possible. You might also try booting into Safe Mode, but I don't have much hope:
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Enable and Disable Safe Mod... - Mobile Product Support ForumsPLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
- By metz65 in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 80Last Post: 06-09-2014, 07:15 PM
- By Riley Spigelmeyer in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM
- By vonfranklin1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 01-06-2014, 08:06 AM
- By score987 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2014, 06:24 PM
- By xcrap in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-05-2014, 07:02 AM