- 1 Posts
I don't know how to use my rooted phone
So I got a Tmobile s3 on craigslist and it came jailbroken. I've had a hard time with a lot of things so I wanted to go back to stock. I thought all I had to do was unroot it so I watched a video a little kid put on youtube and I went into supersu and "unrooted" my phone. I thought this would make it go back to stock, but it just deleted the supersu app and now my phone is technically not rooted. It still has recovery and bootloader on it too...
The reasons I decided to go back to stock:
the stock music player app was deleted
the phone doesn't show up when I plug it into the computer
a lot of other stock apps I am accustomed to using are not on it
Can anyone help me return to stock? Or tell me how to download stock apps (like the files app)? And/or how to get the phone to show up as plugged in on the computer and on the phone or how to get my pictures and videos onto my SD card...
- 05-17-2014, 11:58 PM #2
- 1,014 Posts
- Euroskank CM10
- 05-18-2014, 12:25 AM #3
- 05-18-2014, 01:06 AM #4
- 07-08-2014, 05:55 PM #5
- 8 Posts
Re: I don't know how to use my rooted phone
You're gonna need to download the original Touchwiz software... Go to Samsung.com and look for it.. Just go to downloads and look for your S3s Model number.. Located behind the battery, or just go to settings and about phone. Then you should see an update available for your phone.. Do you know by any chance what custom recovery its using?
Posted via Android Central App
- By 0wlz in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 35Last Post: 02-09-2016, 03:51 PM
- By MissPrettyKitty in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 30Last Post: 05-28-2014, 09:46 AM
- By TaiwanTeddy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 05-18-2014, 03:21 PM
- By Chelsea Marino in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ZoomReplies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2014, 10:29 PM
- By rubicondc in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2014, 09:12 PM