Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    So my dad gave me his GS3 (SGH-T999L) and I decided to get CM11, so I followed a tutorial and rooted my phone and got CWM recovery, then I went to the CM website and found CM11 for my phone and flashed it with CWM recovery. It was all working great until I went to the beach and *accidentally* dropped my phone about a foot onto the rocks and now my screen is cracked. The phone is fully operational but I don't want to use it with a cracked screen. It still has a factory warranty but I am pretty sure its void because my phone is rooted and stuff. So my question is: How do I get it completely back to stock and unrooted, stock Rom and (OS counter?) back to 0 and official so I can claim repair?. Thank You!
    More information:
    I did a backup in CWM Recovery after rooting but before CM11, but that's not much help cause I need stock-Unrooted-untripped KNOX :P
    If you need anymore information, then just ask
    (P.S. feel free to grade my grammar, I am trying to improve it in response to the horrible grammar I have seen around the Internet lately)
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,656 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Nazarchuk View Post
    So my dad gave me his GS3 (SGH-T999L) and I decided to get CM11, so I followed a tutorial and rooted my phone and got CWM recovery, then I went to the CM website and found CM11 for my phone and flashed it with CWM recovery. It was all working great until I went to the beach and *accidentally* dropped my phone about a foot onto the rocks and now my screen is cracked. The phone is fully operational but I don't want to use it with a cracked screen. It still has a factory warranty but I am pretty sure its void because my phone is rooted and stuff. So my question is: How do I get it completely back to stock and unrooted, stock Rom and (OS counter?) back to 0 and official so I can claim repair?. Thank You!
    More information:
    I did a backup in CWM Recovery after rooting but before CM11, but that's not much help cause I need stock-Unrooted-untripped KNOX :P
    If you need anymore information, then just ask
    (P.S. feel free to grade my grammar, I am trying to improve it in response to the horrible grammar I have seen around the Internet lately)
    To reset the counter, you'll need Triangle Away from Chainfire. You can download it from the play store or from here: [2014.01.15][ROOT] TriangleAway v3.26 - XDA Forum

    Then you'll need to enter download mode and flash a stock firmware.

    There is a written guide here: [Tut] Unroot the Galaxy S3 (for stock updates/warranty) - XDA Forum

    If you need help, feel free to ask! It's better if you do before you attempt to do something.

    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Thanks so much! (I may need help)

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    To reset the counter, you'll need Triangle Away from Chainfire. You can download it from the play store or from here: [2014.01.15][ROOT] TriangleAway v3.26 - XDA Forum

    Then you'll need to enter download mode and flash a stock firmware.

    There is a written guide here: [Tut] Unroot the Galaxy S3 (for stock updates/warranty) - XDA Forum

    If you need help, feel free to ask! It's better if you do before you attempt to do something.
    Hey, sorry for bothering you, and I'm not trying to be unthankful or anything, but the second link seems to point to a tutorial for a Samsung galaxy s3, and my model is the T-Mobile s3 T999L. Sorry if the model number doesn't matter.


    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,656 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Nazarchuk View Post
    Hey, sorry for bothering you, and I'm not trying to be unthankful or anything, but the second link seems to point to a tutorial for a Samsung galaxy s3, and my model is the T-Mobile s3 T999L. Sorry if the model number doesn't matter.


    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yep, the process should be the same. Flash the firmware in Odin.

    Here is more help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html

    This is straight from one of our ambassadors here in the forums.

    Definitely helps.

    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    If the phone is running 4.3 it will have Knox. Since you are rooted and using CWM the Knox Warranty Bit will be tripped. There is no way to reset the Warranty Bit. This may be a problem to get Warranty repairs or replacement.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    If the phone is running 4.3 it will have Knox. Since you are rooted and using CWM the Knox Warranty Bit will be tripped. There is no way to reset the Warranty Bit. This may be a problem to get Warranty repairs or replacement.
    Yes, it was running 4.3 before it was rooted. So you're saying triangle away wont work?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,656 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Nazarchuk View Post
    Yes, it was running 4.3 before it was rooted. So you're saying triangle away wont work?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    It will reset the flash counter, but it can't do anything about Knox.

    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Oh

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    It will reset the flash counter, but it can't do anything about Knox.
    So which one is Knox? The one that's says warranty bit?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
  11. #11  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,656 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Nazarchuk View Post
    So which one is Knox? The one that's says warranty bit?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yep. Once you trip it, your warranty is void.

    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Yep. Once you trip it, your warranty is void.
    Oh, so I guess I'll have to fix the screen myself

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
  13. #13  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,656 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Nazarchuk View Post
    Oh, so I guess I'll have to fix the screen myself

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    There are plenty of guides on how to do it.

    Here is an example: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung...lacement/14856

    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    This will work for the LTE version also right?
    Would this be good for the Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999L T-Mobile?
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
  16. #16  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,656 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Looks good.

    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Looks good.
    Alright, thanks for helping me, all of you

    Sent from my SGH-T999L using the Android Central Forums app
  18. #18  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,656 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,671 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

    Default Re: Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Nazarchuk View Post
    Alright, thanks for helping me, all of you

    Sent from my SGH-T999L using the Android Central Forums app
    If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

    I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. tab3 8.0 mhl to hdmi tv...
    By glenawil in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 02:28 AM
  2. Help Plez Hack unlock sim network samsung s5
    By DavidV1323 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 01:09 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 12:00 AM
  4. Are there anybody can help me to up rom 4.2.2 for my phone?
    By Dung Quang in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 11:21 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions