Need to return back to stock, PLEASE HELP!

Andrey Nazarchuk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So my dad gave me his GS3 (SGH-T999L) and I decided to get CM11, so I followed a tutorial and rooted my phone and got CWM recovery, then I went to the CM website and found CM11 for my phone and flashed it with CWM recovery:cool:. It was all working great until I went to the beach and *accidentally* dropped my phone about a foot onto the rocks and now my screen is cracked:'(. The phone is fully operational but I don't want to use it with a cracked screen:p. It still has a factory warranty but I am pretty sure its void because my phone is rooted and stuff. So my question is: How do I get it completely back to stock and unrooted, stock Rom and (OS counter?) back to 0 and official so I can claim repair?. Thank You!
More information:
I did a backup in CWM Recovery after rooting but before CM11, but that's not much help cause I need stock-Unrooted-untripped KNOX :p
If you need anymore information, then just ask :)
(P.S. feel free to grade my grammar, I am trying to improve it in response to the horrible grammar I have seen around the Internet lately)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So my dad gave me his GS3 (SGH-T999L) and I decided to get CM11, so I followed a tutorial and rooted my phone and got CWM recovery, then I went to the CM website and found CM11 for my phone and flashed it with CWM recovery:cool:. It was all working great until I went to the beach and *accidentally* dropped my phone about a foot onto the rocks and now my screen is cracked:'(. The phone is fully operational but I don't want to use it with a cracked screen:p. It still has a factory warranty but I am pretty sure its void because my phone is rooted and stuff. So my question is: How do I get it completely back to stock and unrooted, stock Rom and (OS counter?) back to 0 and official so I can claim repair?. Thank You!
More information:
I did a backup in CWM Recovery after rooting but before CM11, but that's not much help cause I need stock-Unrooted-untripped KNOX :p
If you need anymore information, then just ask :)
(P.S. feel free to grade my grammar, I am trying to improve it in response to the horrible grammar I have seen around the Internet lately)

To reset the counter, you'll need Triangle Away from Chainfire. You can download it from the play store or from here: [2014.01.15][ROOT] TriangleAway v3.26 - XDA Forum

Then you'll need to enter download mode and flash a stock firmware.

There is a written guide here: [Tut] Unroot the Galaxy S3 (for stock updates/warranty) - XDA Forum

If you need help, feel free to ask! It's better if you do before you attempt to do something.

Andrey Nazarchuk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
To reset the counter, you'll need Triangle Away from Chainfire. You can download it from the play store or from here: [2014.01.15][ROOT] TriangleAway v3.26 - XDA Forum

Then you'll need to enter download mode and flash a stock firmware.

There is a written guide here: [Tut] Unroot the Galaxy S3 (for stock updates/warranty) - XDA Forum

If you need help, feel free to ask! It's better if you do before you attempt to do something.

Hey, sorry for bothering you, and I'm not trying to be unthankful or anything, but the second link seems to point to a tutorial for a Samsung galaxy s3, and my model is the T-Mobile s3 T999L. Sorry if the model number doesn't matter.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey, sorry for bothering you, and I'm not trying to be unthankful or anything, but the second link seems to point to a tutorial for a Samsung galaxy s3, and my model is the T-Mobile s3 T999L. Sorry if the model number doesn't matter.

Yep, the process should be the same. Flash the firmware in Odin.

Here is more help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

This is straight from one of our ambassadors here in the forums. :)

Definitely helps.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If the phone is running 4.3 it will have Knox. Since you are rooted and using CWM the Knox Warranty Bit will be tripped. There is no way to reset the Warranty Bit. This may be a problem to get Warranty repairs or replacement.

Andrey Nazarchuk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If the phone is running 4.3 it will have Knox. Since you are rooted and using CWM the Knox Warranty Bit will be tripped. There is no way to reset the Warranty Bit. This may be a problem to get Warranty repairs or replacement.

Yes, it was running 4.3 before it was rooted. So you're saying triangle away wont work?