How to Root Galaxy T-Mobile Galaxy S3!

Corey Sheldon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It is harder with s3 but is possible I did it last week first time over last 1-1.5 years of flashing at least 4-5x /week

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Corey Sheldon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 later this week. I would like to install CWM and root. (I have experience doing this stuff on my LG Optimus V and Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G).

I'm assuming the S3 has Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box, and then updates to Jelly Bean after you get the phone? Should I do the recovery and root before or after the Jelly Bean update? Logic says to do it after the update, but I just wanted to make sure the same rooting and recovery installation method actually works under Jelly Bean. Thanks.

Also, I know some here may hate using trap but it holds root well especially with super su pro even through ota and ROM flashes (system wipes too). Just use survival mode and after a wipe reboot into recovery (without an os ) and it'll prompt for reinstall or not (yes welcome back to one click rooted /no welcome back to warranty vanilla)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Joe Thudyah

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, Nice job on this thread...my first problem when i press the power, volume and the home buttons and boot to the (supposedly to the download mode) download mode screen, I get three things:
a knocked down Android Robot with a red triangle sitting on top of it and a yellow message on top of that; that said:
# MANUAL MODE #
--- Appling Mullti-csc...
Applied the CSC-code : TMB
Successfully applied multi-CSC.
Instead of the yellow triangle in the middle of the screen. Than on top of that on the same screen it gives me 6 options to:
boot system now,
apply updates fro ADB,
apply updates from external storage,
wipe data/factory rest,
wipe cache partition,
and apply updates from cache.
and that's it, now am lost here...Did anyone encountered the same problem and was able to root successfully after that? If so please explain and what i should from here onward.
Thank you...

Corey Sheldon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, Nice job on this thread...my first problem when i press the power, volume and the home buttons and boot to the (supposedly to the download mode) download mode screen, I get three things:
a knocked down Android Robot with a red triangle sitting on top of it and a yellow message on top of that; that said:
# MANUAL MODE #
--- Appling Mullti-csc...
Applied the CSC-code : TMB
Successfully applied multi-CSC.
Instead of the yellow triangle in the middle of the screen. Than on top of that on the same screen it gives me 6 options to:
boot system now,
apply updates fro ADB,
apply updates from external storage,
wipe data/factory rest,
wipe cache partition,
and apply updates from cache.
and that's it, now am lost here...Did anyone encountered the same problem and was able to root successfully after that? If so please explain and what i should from here onward.
Thank you...

That's recovery mode not download mode and that's fine just Odin flash a custom and triangle goes bye bye and then flash supersu pro 1.25+

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Joe Thudyah

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
So how do I get to the download mode? And if I could root with out it using the above instructions what do I do? I am running android jelly bean 4.1.2...And thanks for the response..

Corey Sheldon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So how do I get to the download mode? And if I could root with out it using the above instructions what do I do? I am running android jelly bean 4.1.2...And thanks for the response..

You seem to be pressing the volume up whether you realize it or not use vol down..

Recovery ---flash (Home + Pwr + (Vol +))
Download ---Odin or Sideloading (Home + Pwr + (Vol -))

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Jmc71

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys and gals I am new to this forum and any forum for that matter and I just purchased a galaxy s3 model sgh-t999 4.1.2 and I just put a att compatible sims card in it and am using it with Straight talk. I was wanting to optimize it and get rid of bloatware so I was wondering the best way to go about it. I noticed that this thread was started last July so will the instructions for rooting still be the same if so I will start at beginning and work my way through. I will be using my phone for basic internet and texting but just saw where I could use it as a ps3 controller? So is there a recommended way to root and certain apps that you may want to install for basic usage?

lone_ozz

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Helo I succefully rooted my s3 with t mobile I tryed using the wifi tether it connects to it but no data is sent threw help plz

S3

cndunca

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
i am having a very difficult time doing this step its not letting me copy to the sd card nor the phone. PLease Help
Step 10. Once your Galaxy S3 reboots, copy over the file*CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip*from the folder*GalaxyS3RootSprint*to the internal storage or SD card of your phone.

CoffeeManD

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
*****IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY FIGURED IT OUT THROUGH TRIAL AND ERROR LIKE ME AND DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO SOME OF THE EARLIER POSTS, FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW FOR UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ROOT A T-MOBILE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3. IT IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SINCE THE ORIGINAL POSTING OF THE INSTRUCTIONS AND SHOULD CORRECT ALMOST ALL OF THE ERRORS PUT UP HERE! (Also, I'm not trying to be a dooshbag or anything, but I'm a self-admitted ultra-uber-noob-idjit when it comes to this stuff and wish someone would have posted something in this fashion before I nearly crapped my pants a few times from the worry of bricking my phone trying to follow old instructions!)

How to Root U.S. and Canada Galaxy S3 AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint/US Ceullar! [Fail-Proof][Noob-Proof] *****

etrash

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask but - could someone direct me to a set of directions to unlock a tmobile SG3 sgh-t999 running 4.3 (I knew I shouldn't have upgraded!!!)? Or does one have to root first at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated!