MODS for Stock Tmobile UVDLJA Odex (oem 4.1.1 rom)

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Some of us prefer the stock rom, rooted with some minor tweaks.
I made some small changes to the SystemUI.apk, Framework-res.apk, and some csc xmls and wanted to share.
Hopefully its not a dumb idea to post this for people to use.

This is for TMOBILE stock UVDLJA ODEX 4.1.1 rom, and will use your EXISTING *.odex files, you're only changing the apks.

I personally renamed the original files with a .oem extension to have in case i wanted to revert back to later.

When renaming the SystemUI.apk in /system/app/ and Framework-res.apk in /system/framework/ with file explorer - you will get some errors.
This is because the system was still running on the apk file you just renamed. The errors won't happen when you reboot.

List of changes:

• Changed status bar background to pure black
  • Removed clock from status bar
  • Enabled lock screen rotation
  • Removed brightness slider from expanded status bar
  • Removed all but 5 toggles from expanded status bar
  • Enabled text message reminders
  • Removed oem browser bookmarks
  • Changed homepage to Google
  • Removed keyboard notification in status bar + expanded status bar

Download the zip with MODS from here ----> CLICK HERE!

Since you are on rooted stock rom with stock recovery, you have 2 ways to install. ADB or file explorer.

Method using file explorer: (which is how i did it)

• Extract contents of the downloaded zip and put them on your sdcard.
  • Navigate to the /system/app directory and rename SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.apk.oem. (expect errors)
  • Just click ok a couple times on the error popups and continue.
  • **DON'T** rename SystemUI.odex - we are keeping this file the same.
  • Move the new SystemUI.apk from the zip file to /system/app and set correct file permissions on the new apk.
  • Breathe!
  • Navigate to the /system/framework directory and rename Framework-res.apk to Framework-res.apk.oem. (expect errors)
  • Just click ok a couple times on the error popups and continue.
  • **DON'T** rename Framework.odex - we are keeping this file.
  • Move the new Framework-res.apk from the zip file to /system/framework and set correct file permissions on the new apk.
  • Breath!
  • Navigate to the /system/csc directory and rename customer.xml + feature.xml + others.xml with a .oem extension. (no errors)
  • Move the new customer.xml + feature.xml + others.xml from the zip to /system/csc and set correct file permissions on each.
  • Navigate to the /data/dalvik-cache/ directory and select all the *classes.dex files and delete them. (this is clearing the dalvik cache manually)
  • Now you can reboot and you will have to sign in to your Google account again.
  • Enjoy.

--> Don't forget to set proper permissions for each file you use from the zip BEFORE you reboot or you may have a bootloop <---
--> You probably will have problems if you don't clear the dalvik cache - don't skip this <--

You can push these files with ADB - but i'm not getting in to that. If you know what ADB is then you probably know how to use it.

Download the zip with MODS from here ----> CLICK HERE!

Thanks to mrRobinson for providing a root injected system image. Found here --> OEM FACTORY UVDLJA IMAGE

Factory ROM can also be found here - [Firmware/OTAs] T999(V) Official, Leaked & Root66 FW and OTA Updates! - provided by DocHoliday77

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia