Galaxy s3 black screen

Jacob Perales

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
phone: galaxy s3 T999
i rooted my phone and tried installing a rom and after the reset it stayed doing the animation on start up.. i kept turning it off and trying to put in recovery mode but it kept leaving me in the animation screen but i finally got it to recovery mode and i installed a different rom during the installation my phone shut off and has been off since then.. at first my phone was giving me no response but now when the battery is out and i plug it in the red led light turns on but once i put the battery in the light goes off.. and i when i would plug it in to the laptop i got no response but now it shows its trying to install the drivers for the phone...any suggestions on what to do?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
phone: galaxy s3 T999
i rooted my phone and tried installing a rom and after the reset it stayed doing the animation on start up.. i kept turning it off and trying to put in recovery mode but it kept leaving me in the animation screen but i finally got it to recovery mode and i installed a different rom during the installation my phone shut off and has been off since then.. at first my phone was giving me no response but now when the battery is out and i plug it in the red led light turns on but once i put the battery in the light goes off.. and i when i would plug it in to the laptop i got no response but now it shows its trying to install the drivers for the phone...any suggestions on what to do?

Welcome to the forums.
So you can't get into recovery mode or download mode?

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have not tried Odin yet.I decided to take it to a store and let them troubleshoot it for free and tell me what is wrong. If its just the firmware I'll fix it myself. If its hardware I may yet fix it myself.

to answer your question my phone is about 6 months old. And in all my searching I've found everyone else to have similar issues with their phone and are about the same age as mine. Its been great but the last couple months it started doing stupid stuff of not muting certain tones and other minor buggy issues that I just ignored. (aka I'm hoping its firmware issue). BTW on a side note I have been thinking about switching to Ting. Let me know how it goes for you.
nothing displays on the screen so kinda hard to get to any menu. Its an over priced brick right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke