G3 Factory Reset, Firmware Kies Upgraded & Initialisation, Still Wont Boot

Pacnt1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a G3 that I have replaced the Digitizer. It worked great for about 2 days then it wouldn't boot. I was getting a grey battery icon that changes to a green charging icon. It wont boot unless its on the charger. I was able to boot in recovery mode and clear the cache, but that didnt work. Then I booted in recovery mode and reset to factory settings, that still didnt work. So I downloaded Kies and went through the Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation, but it still wont boot up. At one point it would get to the Start Select Language screen but as soon as you touched the screen it went back to the grey battery icon then on to the green. Not sure what else to do, any help would be great!

Pacnt1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you UJ95X!

Im not sure to be honest. How can you tell? I just typed in the serial number and model number in Kies and went through the Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > More > scroll down down to About phone > Android version
If you updated through Kies it should be on 4.3 now

Pacnt1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Your right, it is at 4.3 now. Something really strange happened today though, I went the upgrade and initialization process and the phone worked perfect, like brand new. So I gave it back to my son, its his phone, and he said as soon as he logged into google to sync the phone up it shut off and wont boot up again. So I checked it and sure enough, same as it was before. So Im going to try and unbrick it again using Kies and see if I can get it to work. Ever hear of such a thing?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Your right, it is at 4.3 now. Something really strange happened today though, I went the upgrade and initialization process and the phone worked perfect, like brand new. So I gave it back to my son, its his phone, and he said as soon as he logged into google to sync the phone up it shut off and wont boot up again. So I checked it and sure enough, same as it was before. So Im going to try and unbrick it again using Kies and see if I can get it to work. Ever hear of such a thing?

Nope. That's a first for me, and unfortunately there still isn't a stock firmware file on SamMobile :\

Posted via Android Central App

Pacnt1

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah huh? Really weird. Now it wont boot into recovery mode only into downloading mode. So for the third time since yesterday Im running the Kies Firmware Upgraded & Initialization program hoping it will respond.

I wonder if there is an issue with the mother board. Perhaps a short some where. I might have to buy a new motherboard and see if that does it.

What do you think?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah huh? Really weird. Now it wont boot into recovery mode only into downloading mode. So for the third time since yesterday Im running the Kies Firmware Upgraded & Initialization program hoping it will respond.

I wonder if there is an issue with the mother board. Perhaps a short some where. I might have to buy a new motherboard and see if that does it.

What do you think?

I'm not sure. I'd stop connecting to Kies though, I almost bricked my S4 last week from flashing the stock firmware multiple times in a row. I had to take the battery out for about and hour before it started to boot into recovery or download mode

Posted via Android Central App