Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 bricked it self somehow

Hello,

I was using my s3 one day, and while i was using it my screen turned black all of sudden.
    I pressed the power button to turn it back on.

-The samsung logo shows, then nothing happens.
    -the phone was not rooted
    -It will not enter android recovery(home power, vol up) it acts like its gonna go into it, but it never does. shows the blue text.
    -When i go into download mode,the moment it says press up to continue, and down to cancel the screen goes black before
    it even allows me to choose anything
    -swapped batteries

I dont what else to do ?

Global Posts
    22,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: S3 bricked it self somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Aim X View Post
    Hello,

I was using my s3 one day, and while i was using it my screen turned black all of sudden.
    I pressed the power button to turn it back on.

-The samsung logo shows, then nothing happens.
    -the phone was not rooted
    -It will not enter android recovery(home power, vol up) it acts like its gonna go into it, but it never does. shows the blue text.
    -When i go into download mode,the moment it says press up to continue, and down to cancel the screen goes black before
    it even allows me to choose anything
    -swapped batteries

I dont what else to do ?
    It is possible this is an issue with the motherboard. Or sudden death of the device. Rare, but it happens.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: S3 bricked it self somehow

The "sudden death" issue that was supposedly fixed by a firmware update only affected international versions of the phone, I think.

But whatever the cause, this does sound like hardware failure. If you haven't already, try leaving the battery out for 10 minutes, and then try again. I doubt that will fix anything, but it's possible. You might also try booting into Safe Mode, but I don't have much hope:

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Enable and Disable Safe Mod... - Mobile Product Support Forums
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.