Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone getting excited?

I see much more activity going on in the other carriers Galaxy S3 forums, let's add some excitement over here! Who's gonna be in line at 9 am? I know i will be, I've done this for the vibrant and the GS2. Who's paying full price like i am? Yeah, that $600 kinda hurts but they take the pain away by letting me pay $20 a month, lol. Anyone leaving behind a host of accessories from their old phones? I really hate leaving my extra battery and external charger but they'll probably release another one for this phone. Anyone else find a buyer yet for their current phone? I'm letting my gs2 and all accessories go for $230 to a friend which i think is a good deal since gazelle is offering $200 for just the phone.

Let's hear some stories or some anticipation for this phone.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Who else is wondering what the heck you're going to do without that search button? I use it so much with power amp and many other apps that i couldn't imagine not having it anymore.... Google = Search, why would they pick that button to eliminate?

Default Re: Anyone getting excited?

I'm certainly excited. Went down to the tmo store today, and the rep told me they'll probably be doing a promotion, in terms of guaranteeing at least $100 bucks if trading in a phone. (I'm gonna be so sad handing over my vibrant)

Quote Originally Posted by XFonz07 View Post
    Who else is wondering what the heck you're going to do without that search button? I use it so much with power amp and many other apps that i couldn't imagine not having it anymore.... Google = Search, why would they pick that button to eliminate?

I'm going to miss that search button... a lot.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

I switched over from Sprint to Tmobile on June 6th. That is when it was announced that the GS3 was coming to tmobile. I have been using a rental phone, an old school Nokia, and it sucks so bad.
    I was at my local tmobile store on the sw side of Chicago and all of the assosciates have no clue about the GS3. I cant get any info from them, no demo, no pricing, nothing.
    I wont miss the search button as much , and I am excited about the dedicated home button.
    I sold my evo3d for 100 bucks to a buddy, that phone was goin downhill fast. It will take some time to get used to Touchwiz, but that is the fun in getting new toys

The 21st cant get hee soon enough

end rant\
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

IMO coverage is way better for sprint than tmo in Chicago I'm on the west side

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dotsin View Post
    I switched over from Sprint to Tmobile on June 6th. That is when it was announced that the GS3 was coming to tmobile. I have been using a rental phone, an old school Nokia, and it sucks so bad.
    I was at my local tmobile store on the sw side of Chicago and all of the assosciates have no clue about the GS3. I cant get any info from them, no demo, no pricing, nothing.
    I wont miss the search button as much , and I am excited about the dedicated home button.
    I sold my evo3d for 100 bucks to a buddy, that phone was goin downhill fast. It will take some time to get used to Touchwiz, but that is the fun in getting new toys

The 21st cant get hee soon enough

end rant\
    That's because they haven't given us reps that kind of information yet...we're just as excited as you are though. I just wish I didn't have to order mine online and wait a week for it :-(

I been excited now jus 2 more days

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

I would be more excited if I knew which stores in the Chicago area would be getting the phone???

Seriously Tmobile, give us some gosh darn information!!!!!
    I have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    IMO coverage is way better for sprint than tmo in Chicago I'm on the west side

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    Not in our area, we would literally drop every other call

not to mention the very slow data and the 4G we have been paying for for over a year now that does not exist

I know the Lte revamp should be done in mid-August, but when you got a business to run and you depend on your cell phone to talk to customers...that type of service wont fly
    I have no idea what I am doing
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

How doesn't your 4g doesn't work?? Look at my signal strength

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone getting excited?-uploadfromtaptalk1342405191232.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone getting excited?-uploadfromtaptalk1342407941909.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by XFonz07 View Post

Hold the menu button fyi I never used it even when I had it on my s2

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Well, seven weeks ago, I picked up -- from a local cellphone-wholesaler friend -- a new T-Mobile-branded SGS3 .... 16GB, in white, with a 32GB external storage card .... all for $550, out-the-door.

Then, I went to the local T-Mobile store and got a micro-SIM that will fit into my S III. (I'm on the no-contract, $70/month plan.)

Next, I went home, rooted my new phone, took pictures (with the S III's camera) of my unlocked and rooted, international-version, white I9250 Galaxy Nexus, and -- after several factory-reset "wipes" -- sold it in five hours on Craigslist: $400, cash.

Normally, I opt for the unlocked international-version Samsung (or HTC) device ... but not this time. I've had great history with T-Mobile, so I need that "1700" band for data (which the I9300 does not have).

Thus: T-Mobile's SGH-T999.

Now, I have owned a great many cellphones (and had no problems with my HTC Sensation 4G, my T989 Hercules, and my several Nexus I9250s), but this T999 S III HAS to be the greatest smartphone ever made.

Ever.

So --- Congrats to each and every S III owner!

We've got a real winner here!!

-- Best wishes to all from Chicago, IL USA

PS/

My girlfriend loves it, too...