Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking T-mobile S3 on AT&T 3G/4G

I want to confirm that the tmobile s3 will work on AT&T 3G/4G data.Bought unlock code from internet site,put my at&t micro sim in and created a new att apn.Now works on T-mobile and AT&T
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: T-mobile S3 on AT&T 3G/4G

at what speeds?
    If I understand you correctly, the T-Mobile version works on AT&T's HSPA+ network? How about LTE?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes that's right,should have been more specific.Download speeds are about 5.5 to 9 kbps, upload about 1.5 to 2.5 kbps.Funny I show only a 3G icon in notification bar instead of a 4g icon. I don't have LTE service yet.

True 4g kicks in at 5.5mb and true lte @ 15.25mb but @10.25mb in USA is considered lte.....it may not be up that high long enough during speed test to register the icon

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jrfrett View Post
    Yes that's right,should have been more specific.Download speeds are about 5.5 to 9 kbps, upload about 1.5 to 2.5 kbps.Funny I show only a 3G icon in notification bar instead of a 4g icon. I don't have LTE service yet.
    Unless you have a T999-L version (Which has not been released as yet) you will not get LTE with any Carrier.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)