LED light issue

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I know that it's supposed to blink white for SMS, blue for social stuff, and green for phone notices...but mine doesn't do that.

i've turned everything on and made sure it's set...but when i get a text, it's blue, and when i get a facebook notice, it stayed solid amber like i'm charging the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it a setting issue or do i need to return the phone?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Should be blue for all notifications, green when the phone is charged to 100% and red for the phone charging or battery getting low.. I've also heard that there's white for sms but haven't seen or heard anything yet so I'm not too sure. It also doesn't make sense especially if you have the white version of the phone :confused:

Have you tried rebooting the phone and are you using any 3rd party LED notification apps?

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
yes i have rebooted and no i'm not using an app. i battery pulled and everything.

and yeah the thing that stands out to me is that when i get a facebook notice it shows solid amber. hmmm.

danbutter

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I turned off the charging lights, but I get solid red for text messages. Flashing blue for email and chats through google talk.
I tried using handcent to alter this to no avail. Still the same behavior after installing handcent.
My wife has same phone and hers doesn't do this.

How is your wifi range? I find my sucks. Much worse than the optimus V I had a couple weeks ago.

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I called Samsung and apparently the answer is "we have no control over what color 3rd party apps (like facebook) set."

Maybe a new update will fix it. It still works so I'm not super worried.

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Try looking in the settings of facebook and email, are they set to change the notifications?

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Swagged Out Stock ROM and Tapatalk.

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
trust me i did. there isn't an option to change the LED. On my razr, i could change whatsapp to whatever color i wanted. on the SG3, if i choose purple, it shows up yellow. if i choose yellow it shows up white. so i'm thinking this is just a glitch that will be worked out later.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that the color changes based on how long the message or alert has been there. Like it blinks blue for a while then becomes solid blue than another solid after longer.