New to T-Mobile, picking up GSIII tomorrow, worried about signal?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the device suffers from death grip when you grip the left side of the phone. However, the device is not dropping the signal completely, its just going to EDGE. T-Mobile has very good coverage here but I am worried about this issue.

Can anyone comment on this? Is this likely to be corrected in an OTA update? I left T-Mobile last year for the iPhone 4S on AT&T and that was a mistake in more ways than one.

I also tried out AT&T's Galaxy S III and found it to be excellent. LTE speeds weren't that great in my area but nonetheless, it was a very good device. The signal on the AT&T version seemed fine.

If I go back to T-Mobile tomorrow, I don't want a device with a poor signal. Never good to have.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: New to T-Mobile, picking up GSIII tomorrow, worried about sig

I haven't experienced the death grip issue, especially since I use my bluetooth headset the majority of the time, but this phone sucks in terms of service. My 6 year old Blackberry has better service in certain places than the S3 and it's frustrating.

At my home I connect to the Wifi to make sure I have service but the S3 also sucks at that, constantly dropping calls and being unable to send messages because of a poor connection that my last phone, the MyTouch4G, never had a problem with.