Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with video and picture taking

While on vacation with the Wife I took videos without snapping pictures at the same time. I was planning on taking pictures from the videos later and I can't figure it out. Now I'm wondering if it's possible.

Help

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

You could pause the video, then take a screenshot.

Global Posts
    12,759 Global Posts

Default Re: Help with video and picture taking

This might be useful - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eoframegrabber

I've not tried it but it might be ideal for your use case.

If you have a PC you can also use a media player there to grab still frames. My own favourite for that particular job - as well as my current media player of choice on PC in general - is PotPlayer, but many other media players also have more or less advanced frame grabbing options (last time I checked though the extremely popular VLC Player had rather lackluster features in that area).

The best ones for grabbing screenshots - that includes PotPlayer - let you skip back and forth one frame at a time for the optimal shot, as well as includes option to automatically export still frames at specified intervals (anywhere from milliseconds and up).

Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with a capability to capture stills while video recording.

Here's the how-to video on YouTube:

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spellvexit View Post
    Your Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with a capability to capture stills while video recording.

Here's the how-to video on YouTube:

The OP already said they forgot to take pics while recording, so I'd take it they're well aware of this feature. They're looking for a way to do it after the fact.

Not sure the GSIII has it built in, would have to be 3rd party I think. I know the LTEVO has it, works pretty good too. But haven't seen anything like it on the GSIII.

I have the solution you've been looking for! On Google play there's an amazing app called frame grabber. I think it was like 2 bucks and well worth it, as it works great on my galaxy nexus, sgs fascinate, droid x, and nook color with cm7. It should work on your s3 with no problem. Don't be afraid to spend the money, I guarantee you will love it.