help... not registered on network

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
help... not registered on network my s3 is 9 days old and works good. Today around 9 am couldn't make calls and text. No internet. Saying I have full bars. Went to tmobile tried me sim didn't work. Tried restore didn't work. Tried setting and manually selecting network didn't work. WiFi works fine and I get internet but WiFi calling doesn't work. Any one that can help. I have to wait 5 days to exchange the phone. Didn't buy the phone in the store

Ophio

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you try just restarting the phone? I've come across this too before but I didn't freak out as much as you did. I found the issue to come about especially when switching from wifi to 4g. For example, I get crappy reception at work so I'm usually on wifi. But the wifi connection at work is also crappy and often the connection will drop.Now the phone will show full signal, but will give me a 'not registered on network' msg when I try to make a call or refresh my facebook feed. A restart of the phone fixes this for me. After the restart, as long as I have two bars, I can usually make calls...even though data apps may still suck. As soon as I leave work I get full signal and if my wifi had been off earlier, all my messages flood in at that time. I don't think you have to do a restart every time. I think if you give it some time it registers the network itself. But a restart may be an option if you gotta make a call pronto. Hope this helps somewhat.

Ophio

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
PS Somehow I missed the 'tried new sim' part..so obviously you tried the restart already. Hmm. I'm guessing that may be an issue with the phone then. As far as wifi calling goes, I think the wifi access point could have an effect on that function. I have wifi at work but even though wifi calling is enabled in my phone, its not available. When I get home, wifi calling is available (I can tell from the blue and white wifi symbol on the left side of the notification bar).

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
If you bought your phone used it may have just gotten the imei blocked. Call t-mobile and give them the imei of your phone and ask them if it is blocked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought the phone off Craigslist. The phone was new and never open. But if the imei is blocked that makes sense. What does that mean tho? Does that mean the phone was reported stolen? I don't want to call and find out it was stolen. LOL

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Its better to find out if the phone is blocked or not and if it is blocked, why. It could be stolen, monthly payments not made, or maybe something else. Whether or not the phone was new and never opened makes no difference. If the phone is indeed blocked than the phone will not be able to be used on T-mobile or T-mobile affiliated mvno network.

I also bought a used T-mobile Galaxy S3 from craigslist and used it for a week without problems. Then later no service at all. Called and found out that the phone is being blocked because of nonpayment. Luckily I was able to track down the person who sold it to me and get my money back.

The way IMEI could be blocked on Tmobile gsm network there really is no good way to protect yourself.

Reactions: wally27

Jonathan Davis2

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Samsung galaxy s3 yesterday from att paid full price so im not bound to any att contract i tried to to use a straight talk sim it didnt give me any unlock prompts although they gave me the unlock code it says home at the top and has service bars but when i try to make a call it says "this device has been blocked from network use" and to contact my network provider the phone is not black list or stolen i just paid full retail price for it

valjo55

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here with loosing mobile network. All I had to do was unroot and mobile network was back.. then I updated ota to 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy3 SPH-L710. Re Rooted phone and back in business. I think when I upgraded while rooted it knocked out the mobile network. Just get back to stock and your good to go.

Daniel Perez5

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You probably just messed up! For one this the Att s3 is a gsm phone:) meaning unlocked or locked to att wouldnt affect straight talk use at all in Data, calling, or txt! What im assuming you haven't done is insert a att sim card in first! That way you can go into1) settings,2) mobile. Networks, 3) APN Settings.From there im assuming your I-747 S3 FROM AT&T Will only have the att settings.WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS MAKE A NEW APN FOR STRAIGHT TALK! AFTER ALL FIELDS THAT ARE APPLICABLE , SAVE THIS APN.AND MAKE IT YOUR PRIMARY APN NOT THE ATT ONE, AFTER WHICH YOU TAKE YOUR BATTERY OF INSTALL YOUR STRAIGHT TALK SIM AND START PHONE.ALL YOUR WORRIES ARE GONE:) HOW DO I KNOW? BECAUSE I HAVE THE ATT S3 ON STRAIGHT TALK! THATS WHY AND LOVE IT!:) you can buy an old att sim of of Ebay and use that to make your att phone work.

Daniel Perez5

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Samsung galaxy s3 yesterday from att paid full price so im not bound to any att contract i tried to to use a straight talk sim it didnt give me any unlock prompts although they gave me the unlock code it says home at the top and has service bars but when i try to make a call it says "this device has been blocked from network use" and to contact my network provider the phone is not black list or stolen i just paid full retail price for it
"REPLY" Posts1 PostsYou probably just messed up! For one this the Att s3 is a gsm phone*meaning unlocked or locked to att wouldnt affect straight talk use at all in Data, calling, or txt! What im assuming you haven't done is insert a att sim card in first! That way you can go into1) settings,2) mobile. Networks, 3) APN Settings.From there im assuming your I-747 S3 FROM AT&T Will only have the att settings.WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS MAKE A NEW APN FOR STRAIGHT TALK! AFTER ALL FIELDS THAT ARE APPLICABLE , SAVE THIS APN.AND MAKE IT YOUR PRIMARY APN NOT THE ATT ONE, AFTER WHICH YOU TAKE YOUR BATTERY OF INSTALL YOUR STRAIGHT TALK SIM AND START PHONE.ALL YOUR WORRIES ARE GONE*HOW DO I KNOW? BECAUSE I HAVE THE ATT S3 ON STRAIGHT TALK! THATS WHY AND LOVE IT!*you can buy an old att sim of of Ebay and use that to make your att phone work.

donnaalms4

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
help... not registered on network my s3 is 9 days old and works good. Today around 9 am couldn't make calls and text. No internet. Saying I have full bars. Went to tmobile tried me sim didn't work. Tried restore didn't work. Tried setting and manually selecting network didn't work. WiFi works fine and I get internet but WiFi calling doesn't work. Any one that can help. I have to wait 5 days to exchange the phone. Didn't buy the phone in the store

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2