Connecting S3 to computer

mrcompucare

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello:
I wanted to know have anyone ever or do anyone know how to see your pictures when the phone is connected to the computer. I can see that they are there but can't tell what picture is what if i wanted to copy one off the phone to the computer.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You have two options you can connect your phone with USB cable to PC then go to My Computer and double click on phone. Find the folder where you've stored your pics. It's probably going to be under media folder. Once the folder is opened, right click on a blank spot within that window then click "View" and change the view to "Extra large Icons." This will show all the photos in that folder. Alternatively, you can use Samsung Kies. You'll need to download from Samsung then connect your phone to PC via USB. You can try using Wifi but that hasn't worked for me. Within Kies you'll be able to see all the photos you have on your device. I hope this helps

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I think you can use the Kies app and connect within a internet browser. Allowing you to download and upload files to your phone. Which means you can view your photos and even export the photos to your computer.

imajamoke

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, after reading about a dozen posts and fixes that did not work. It all boiled down to uninstalling the Samsung Driver & Kies (if you installed separately). This def works for Verizon SCH-I535 Galaxy S3 16MB with 4.0.4 load.

1. Uninstall Kies, Uninstall Samsung Driver, reboot. Reboot your phone just to be safe.
2. On your S3 select Settings-->Developer-->Enable USB Debugging (hit ok at the prompt). Don't tweak anything else here. You MUST have the Debugging turned on for phone to connect to PC.
3. Plug-in the Samsung USB cable to PC (there was some discussion on which USBs work and which don't ... so you can try different USB ports if #4 fails to work below)
4. Windows will then install whatever driver(s) it needs and whala, you can now access your S3 via Explorer...it will show up as a phone, not an actual drive.

Hope this helps and saves you the time and frustration I experienced. I never saw the little USB icon on the S3 until I wiped all the Samsung and Kies drivers from my Win 7 system & enabled debugging on phone. So the issue lies with Samsung and their crappy Kies tool...their driver does not work for S3 (i.e., the standalone download that Version posts on their site). Go with the Windows Update driver (which is auto) and you should now be able to connect via USB to your S3. Again, this works for Win 7 32bit with Android 4.0.4.

-Cheers

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
2. On your S3 select Settings-->Developer-->Enable USB Debugging (hit ok at the prompt). Don't tweak anything else here. You MUST have the Debugging turned on for phone to connect to PC.

You sure about that? I read one of Kies faqs and it said do not turn on USB Debugging due to security reasons. It said it can run without that debugging

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
You sure about that? I read one of Kies faqs and it said do not turn on USB Debugging due to security reasons. It said it can run without that debugging

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Yes, the phone adds Kies as an administrator for the device (on the device) and therefore it can do what it wants.

My Skyrocket is having similar issues as the OP, though, and it seems to be a common issue with Samsung devices (bad USB ports). Probablly going to take mine back because they ripped out Kies Over WiFi in the ICS update and I absolutely need to be able to sync my device with my computer. You cannot do Video Analysis on a phone and emailing myself 720p videos isn't an option.

Phone acts like it's going to connect but the driver installation fails because it says it's been disconnected.

Definitely something to consider before purchasing since it seems they've been having this epidemic since 1st gen Galaxy S devices.

Installing/Uninstalling Drivers is useless. The drivers aren't the issue. The USB port is the issue. If the device is constantly getting disconnected when you plug it into the computer the drivers don't even get a chance to install, cause the PC stops seeing the phone and the phone itself remounts the USB storage (even without drivers, you can mount your device as a USB MSD, I've done so on a ton of Android devices from various manufacturers even a Galaxy S device).