1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM 10.1

Default Woke up to a new OTA this morning.

Anybody else get an OTA on their S3 today? Looks like the icon for Wi-Fi calling was updated and there is a new brightness control in the main pull down (just below all the toggles like WiFi, BT, etc.), seems to be the same as the one seen in the international leaked JB update that has been floating around. Yeah, it's still ICS, I knew better than to expect it to be JB this soon. It's ICS 4.0.4, build number IMM76D.T999UVALH2. As of yet I haven't noticed anything else new.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Default Re: Woke up to a new OTA this morning.

Did you lose the google search bar? If not are you able to search for apps in your phone?

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CM 10.1

My search bar is still there, it's just a widget, but it does appear that it no longer finds local apps, not that I really care, I've never actually used that anyway. It's odd that the T-Mo support article doesn't mention any of the new stuff I'm actually seeing...

I got the update as well. The only thing I've noticed so far is the new brightness control.

I'm told it also removes the ability to search local items (contacts, music, etc) from the widget. It will only perform an internet search. You now have to go directly into contacts to perform a search.

Yep, got the update this morning and 3 random reboots during the day!!! NOT COOL T-MOBILE!!! JB @ the end of the month PLEASE!

got the alert but it wouldn't install. something about digital signatures. I'm rooted but running stock, would that matter?

when I'm in settings\about and hit software update I get the 'you are up to date' message.

build number is: Imm76D.T999UVALEM
    Banned

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

You don't have to accept diseases

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

So what is everyone's take on this update. Should people update to it or leave it be?

How do I turn OFF the brightness notification? For me, it's just clutter that I don't want and I cannot find a setting to remove it...

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Stock keyboard is updated. Stock browser is updated. They both seem to function better. Symbols on the letter keys now. You're now able too pull up the address bar with pressing the menu key now in the browser. Network mode is now an option in mobile network settings. That's all the changes I see as of now.
    Last edited by Mac33; 08-24-2012 at 04:49 PM.

I updated with KIES yesterday. A few tweaks here and there. I believe it is just setting the S3's up for Jellybean, which is supposed to start rolling out to us after August 29th.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

After updating with Kies (boy what a piece of garbage that is) I have noticed some stuttering on the page transitions in programs/widgets. It used to slide smoothly not its a bit stuttered.

Aside from that I'm liking the update- especially the extra effects in the camera app.