Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email problems

Hi I'm new to s iii

My old emails keep coming through everyday from a week ago or more. One email will pop up as new several times a day.... I open it, even reply to it and it keeps coming back. This happens with loads of my emails. Driving me mad!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

What email app? Is this a Gmail account?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Email problems

Actually it is the "Email" application that comes with the phone. The one that is located on the Home screen where the original weather widget was. I had the same problem with my school/outlook/exchange email. I later set my school email up with Microsoft Exchange/ActiveSync and now I don't have the problem with old emails appearing as new when I delete new emails.

Check settings of how the email is synced to the phone. If it set to a # of emails synced on the phone then your problem will continue to exist. But if you can set the phone to sync emails from a day, week, or a month then you won't have your problems.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Can you explain that in thick person talk please! I'm not thick but everything I've tried hasn't worked. I have my email check frequency on 15 mins and just changed my emails it shows from 25 to total and now There's hundreds coming through as new. Aarrrgghhh. It's my hotmail email btw

How did you setup your Hotmail.
    Automatically or Manually.
    If you set it up Manually did you use POP3, IMAP, or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just reinstalled my email and did it automatically. If I go into settings it says pop3

I set up a hotmail account automatically and old emails do not appear constantly as new anymore.

Just set your "Period to sync email" to whatever you want and it shouldn't happen.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I had done that anyway and it happens still. Although the setting isn't called period to sync email its called email check frequency and it was set to 15 mins. I'm in the UK by the way so think the settings are labelled differently.

I see. But I have the Email Check Frequency also. But I have the other option I told you about in prior posts.

I might not be able to help you, but if you have time you can post a screenshot of your email settings page. Someone (including I) may be able to understand how your settings are or something.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks. Since reinstalling my hotmail its been ok fingers crossed. Will be back with a screen shot if if continues!

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

The problem is back. It started happening after I changed a setting to delete from the server when I delete from my phone.