Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Conference Calls with Dial In and Access Codes

Anyone have a good solution of how get the dial in / access code to work in the calendar function?

On the blackberry, in "location" you were able to put "877-578-2321 x23456#" which would mean Dial In of 877-578-2321 and access code of 23456#. On the SG3, if I put "877-578-2321 x23456#" in location, it will look for this location in maps.

Just trying to find an easier way to log into conference calls without having to scramble for numbers all the time.

Help!

Default Re: Conference Calls with Dial In and Access Codes

Before the ICS update my Rezound had a feature where it would pop up a list of available codes that i could pick. That now doesn't work and I am looking for this also. Plantronics InstantMeeting has this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by lnelik View Post
    Anyone have a good solution of how get the dial in / access code to work in the calendar function?

On the blackberry, in "location" you were able to put "877-578-2321 x23456#" which would mean Dial In of 877-578-2321 and access code of 23456#. On the SG3, if I put "877-578-2321 x23456#" in location, it will look for this location in maps.

Just trying to find an easier way to log into conference calls without having to scramble for numbers all the time.

Help!
    You might be able to put the phone number with pauses, and access code in the description/title of the meeting.

For your example add: "8775782321,,,,,,23456#" to the description of the meeting. If the pause it too long or too short, you can change the pause by adding or removing commas. Then the phone number should show up in the notification for the meeting as a link that you can click.

Actually - I just tested it. I did not include the access code for the link with the Android Calendar. (It made 2 separate links, one for phone # and one for access code) You might be able to click on the 2 links independently and have it work.

However, It did work with Touchdown. We tend to use that as our corporate standard for Android calendars.