Turning off audio notifications for folders in Galaxy S3

avantard

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I finally got around to setting up folders on my Galaxy S3 and found a really annoying feature that I'm not sure whether it's part of Android or TouchWiz.

I usually keep my phone on Silent mode, but any time I open a folder from the home screen, I get a rather loud voice notification stating "The folder is open", followed by another notification when I close the folder. This happens even when all of my volume settings are minimized. In fact, it seems to un-do my volume settings.

I spent quite a bit of time poking around through notification settings and can't seen to find anything that controls the voice notification for folders. Can anyone recommend a solution?

junctionsjct

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It is a bug in lightflow
No, it's a bug in either TouchWiz or the Accesibility software.
It affects any app with accesibility including:
- tasker
- llama
- pops
- notification toggle
- noLed
- iPhone Notifications
- missedIt
- addons detector
a workaround is to install another home launcher. it's annoying but you get the desired functionality

jovent

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

Nicolas from Productigeeky here, creator of iPhone Notifications.

This is a bug in Samsung's version of the Android OS, they are now aware of the issue and their dev team is working on a fix.

For now, here is a temporary fix that has been reported to work on Samsung devices :
FAQ | Productigeeky

Regards.

Hi nic, thanks for your fix. Works wonderfully. Your creation i phone notification rocks too. But too bad im a poor chap with no job and can only get a cracked version. Once my financial status improves ill buy a full paid version just for you ^^

ijaz hussain

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the fix it was driving me mad. Also I had a problem stuck in driving mode on lockscreen with no access to settings. The info on this mode is pathetic from Samsung. Luckily someone found the solution on youtube or my phone would've been unusable. Apparently you use two fingers on screen to scroll the screen driving mode